Harvey records 1973-1974

  • Darrylheine@aol.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 6, 2010

      Does anyone know the lyrics and music mp3's for these Harvey comics record songs:

      Casper, What'cha Doin' on the Moon.
      Richie Rich song
      Here Comes Little Audrey
      Hiding From Spooky
      Magic Wand of Wendy
      Sad Sack song
      Sad Sack and Nap Sack song
      Richie Rich and Casper song
      Baby Huey song
      Hot Stuff song
      ...all by THE COMIX music group.

      darrylh60067
    • GeeBee
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 6, 2010
        I posted what I knew of the Sad Sack lyrics on here once before.  Here's what I know:

        "If a face could fall"
        "If a chin could crawl"
        "Then I would bet you that"
        "It would be Sad Sack".....
        ..."And his list of woes"
        "Longer than his nose"...
        ..."But, the smile he brings"
        "To our old heart strings"
        "Keeps us coming back"
        "To be with Sad Sack"

          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 7, 2010
            I've been curious about those since I was a kid and I'm DYING to hear them.

            As far as I can tell, there was some sort of small-run CD reissue of those at one point that I missed out on...?

            - Michael

            --- In richierichsvault@yahoogroups.com, "Darrylheine@..." <Darrylheine@...> wrote:

            > Does anyone know the lyrics and music mp3's for these Harvey comics record songs:
            >
            > Casper, What'cha Doin' on the Moon.
            > Richie Rich song
            > Here Comes Little Audrey
            > Hiding From Spooky
            > Magic Wand of Wendy
            > Sad Sack song
            > Sad Sack and Nap Sack song
            > Richie Rich and Casper song
            > Baby Huey song
            > Hot Stuff song
            > ...all by THE COMIX music group.
            >
            > darrylh60067

          • Mark
            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 7, 2010
              They were released in a long out of print box set by Leslie Cabarga and Jerry Beck called "The Harvey Comics Collectibles Box Set", minus "The Sad Sack Song" and "The Sad Sack and Nap Sack Song".

              The set comes with a nice booklet and three comic book reprint and other film music and Quicktime video files and was pretty state-of-the-art for 1997.

              Someone is currently selling the set for $200 on Amazon.

              -Moderator Mark.