Please visit my ebay auctions -- ME TOO!

  • Ben Samuels
    Message 1 of 13 , Jun 1, 2010
      Hey Gang,
      If it's ok to pimp our auctions here I'd like to share that I too have a bunch of stuff on eBay, ending soon:
      http://shop.ebay.com/aracona/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1

      Most are CGC graded, many Signature Series books. Not many Harvey comic I'm afraid, but there are a few 50s horror and one war book.

      -Ben
    • Mark
      Message 2 of 13 , Jun 1, 2010
        I'm ok with pimping as long it is comic books and/or Harvey related...

        -Moderator Mark.

        --- In richierichsvault@yahoogroups.com, "Ben Samuels" <ben@...> wrote:

        > Hey Gang,
        > If it's ok to pimp our auctions here I'd like to share that I too have a bunch of stuff on eBay, ending soon:
        > http://shop.ebay.com/aracona/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1
        >
        > Most are CGC graded, many Signature Series books. Not many Harvey comic I'm afraid, but there are a few 50s horror and one war book.
        >
        > -Ben

      • Phillip Carpenter
        Message 3 of 13 , Jun 1, 2010
          Yeah but this is a Harvey site, we know people have stuff to sell on
          ebay, but let me know when you have something relevant, thanks

          Message 4 of 13 , Jun 1, 2010
            Plus signature series books are total bullshit; it is called
            writing on a comic.

            I'm ok with pimping as long it is comic books and/or Harvey related...

            -Moderator Mark.

            --- In richierichsvault@yahoogroups.com, "Ben Samuels" <ben@...> wrote:

            > Hey Gang,
            > If it's ok to pimp our auctions here I'd like to share that I too have a bunch of stuff on eBay, ending soon:
            > http://shop.ebay.com/aracona/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1
            >
            > Most are CGC graded, many Signature Series books. Not many Harvey comic I'm afraid, but there are a few 50s horror and one war book.
            >
            > -Ben

          • Mark
            Message 5 of 13 , Jun 1, 2010
              Wow, Phil. Don't hold back. Tell us how you really feel.

              Anyway, non-Harvey-related comic book offers have always been allowed in the Vault.

              -Moderator Mark.

              --- In richierichsvault@yahoogroups.com, Phillip Carpenter <brca12000@...> wrote:

              > Plus signature series books are total bullshit; it is called
              > writing on a comic.

            • Ben Samuels
              Message 6 of 13 , Jun 2, 2010
                Well, I did mention that my auctions include 3 Harvey horror books and 1 Harvey war book. If you find that completely off-base, I apologize. Thanks. :-p

                -Ben

                --- In richierichsvault@yahoogroups.com, Phillip Carpenter <brca12000@...> wrote:

                > Yeah but this is a Harvey site, we know people have stuff to sell on
                > ebay, but let me know when you have something relevant, thanks

              • coolnesspark
                Message 7 of 13 , Jun 6, 2010
                  Phil, I could not agree more. Let's keep the site away from pimping Ebay auctions. For the last ten years I could have done so (as could you have) and we never did because it's not like you'll catch someone here that doesn't know about Ebay and how to use a search function....secondly, pimping mid-late 80's marvel/x-men issues is a waste of space. That's how I really feel!

                  --- In richierichsvault@yahoogroups.com, Phillip Carpenter <brca12000@...> wrote:

                  > Yeah but this is a Harvey site, we know people have stuff to sell on
                  > ebay, but let me know when you have something relevant, thanks

                • Phil
                  Message 8 of 13 , Jun 8, 2010
                    I didn't want to be rude but I had to
                    Call it out. Especially since the stuff
                    Was so b team. 80s cgc stuff? Signature
                    Series? No, not here, but if you have a
                    Kick ass little dot 1, then let me know.
                    And about telling you what I think mark?
                    He asked!

                    Sent from my iPhone

                    On Jun 6, 2010, at 1:35 PM, coolnesspark <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

                    Phil, I could not agree more. Let's keep the site away from pimping Ebay auctions. For the last ten years I could have done so (as could you have) and we never did because it's not like you'll catch someone here that doesn't know about Ebay and how to use a search function....secondly, pimping mid-late 80's marvel/x-men issues is a waste of space. That's how I really feel!

                    --- In richierichsvault@yahoogroups.com, Phillip Carpenter <brca12000@...> wrote:

                    > Yeah but this is a Harvey site, we know people have stuff to sell on
                    > ebay, but let me know when you have something relevant, thanks

                  • Mark
                    Message 9 of 13 , Jun 8, 2010
                      Phil and Quinton,

                      My point again is I don't mind if you hock your wares here. I've just never restricted it as long as it is comic book or Harvey related.

                      I have only considered something SPAM if it has NOTHING to do with either of those topics, and usually the SPAM is posted by people that have probably never even HEARD of Harvey Comics, much less read an issue, and those people are BANNED.

                      I would actually welcome some promotion of Ebay items here, because the Vault has been kind of dead lately anyway, and I don't personally scan Ebay as often as I used to.

                      So, does it REALLY offend that another comic book series or an auction is promoted? I mean, what if someone had a really cool collection of "Little Lulu" or "Fox and the Crow" for sale on Ebay and wanted to tell us about it?

                      Or, is it because it was from the last decade or superheroes or (shudder) part of a "signature series"?

                      I can change the guidelines for this group and make them more strict that NOTHING should be offered for sale. Is that what everybody wants?

                      Let's get a concensus here, and please keep the profanity down to a low roar. Deal?

                      -Moderator Mark.
                    • Phil
                      Message 10 of 13 , Jun 8, 2010
                        I guess I'm not so opposed to putting stuf
                        Up, but dint I reserve the right to satire/
                        Parody/ criticize? I hope so.
                        80s cgc stuff? Whatever

                        Sent from my iPhone

                        Message 11 of 13 , Jun 9, 2010
                          Excuse me, I was clearing out a whole bunch of stuff-- there was a lot of variety INCLUDING Harvey comics. There were comics and books from the 40s to the 90s and beyond. You don't like CGC Signature Series comics? Fine, but I was selling a lot more than just those. There's really no need to be so rude.

                          -Ben

                          --- In richierichsvault@yahoogroups.com, Phil <brca12000@...> wrote:

                          > I guess I'm not so opposed to putting stuf
                          > Up, but dint I reserve the right to satire/
                          > Parody/ criticize? I hope so.
                          > 80s cgc stuff? Whatever
                          >
                          > Sent from my iPhone
                          >
                          > On Jun 8, 2010, at 6:12 PM, "Mark" <funideas.mark@...> wrote:
                          >
                          > Phil and Quinton,
                          >
                          > My point again is I don't mind if you hock your wares here. I've just never restricted it as long as it is comic book or Harvey related.
                          >
                          > I have only considered something SPAM if it has NOTHING to do with either of those topics, and usually the SPAM is posted by people that have probably never even HEARD of Harvey Comics, much less read an issue, and those people are BANNED.
                          >
                          > I would actually welcome some promotion of Ebay items here, because the Vault has been kind of dead lately anyway, and I don't personally scan Ebay as often as I used to.
                          >
                          > So, does it REALLY offend that another comic book series or an auction is promoted? I mean, what if someone had a really cool collection of "Little Lulu" or "Fox and the Crow" for sale on Ebay and wanted to tell us about it?
                          >
                          > Or, is it because it was from the last decade or superheroes or (shudder) part of a "signature series"?
                          >
                          > I can change the guidelines for this group and make them more strict that NOTHING should be offered for sale. Is that what everybody wants?
                          >
                          > Let's get a concensus here, and please keep the profanity down to a low roar. Deal?
                          >
                          > -Moderator Mark.

                        • Mark
                          Message 12 of 13 , Jun 9, 2010
                            Like I said, Ben, I felt you did nothing wrong based on the guidelines of this group, but they can change if everyone feels that it was an intrusion.