"THFT!" to Continue

  • Mark
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 22, 2010
      "The Harveyville Fun Times!" will continue with #76. However, Mark Arnold will be stepping down as Editor and Publisher with issue #75.

      The new Editor and Publisher effective with issue #76 is...Ben Samuels!

      Samuels comes with a publishing background as he has published his own comic books before and also has worked with Heritage Auctions. Arnold will still write for "THFT!" and also help Samuels when needed with the publishing process.

      Samuels is not planning any drastic changes for "THFT!", except maybe ones for the better. He will give the publication renewed enthusiasm and vigor that Arnold, after 20 years, no longer have the time and energy because of other projects and commitments. He also may publish more frequently. Samuel's focus may be more on the superhero, war, romance and horror comics of Harvey, which I feel is fine as the "Harvey World" characters have basically been "beaten to death".

      As for Arnold, he will still write for "THFT!" and plans to do more books. Arnold is very excited about this announcement and hopes that "THFT!" will continue on for many years to come...

      You can contact Ben at ben@...

      Background information:

      "The Harveyville Fun Times!" was created by Mark Arnold in 1990 as a fanzine covering the history of Harvey Comics. He has been Editor and Publisher for the past 20 years and 75 issues and a book called "The Best of The Harveyville Fun Times!", that was issued in 2006.

      The fandom created spawned several Harvey book compilations written by Leslie Cabarga and Jerry Beck and published by Dark Horse, as well as an original art show that Arnold produced that appeared in San Francisco, New York and Pittsburgh during 2008 and 2009 and soon to debut in May 2010 at Van Eaton Galleries in Sherman Oaks, CA.

      Arnold is also the writer for "Created and Produced by Total TeleVision productions: The Story of Underdog, Tennessee Tuxedo and the Rest" (2009) and "If You're Cracked, You're Happy: The Cracked Mazagine Story" (2010) and is currently at work on a book about The Beatles called "Mark Arnold Picks On The Beatles".

      -Moderator Mark.
    • Shad Daly
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 22, 2010
        Hey!  Good news!  I'm sure you have some mixed feelings, seeing how it has been your baby all these years...

        Is the Cracked book actually released now?  Cause I've been looking forward to that...

        Will Ben be on this list?

        --
        Shad Z.                      ^Q^
        My Blog: http://www.livejournal.com/~shadzane/

        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 23, 2010
          I don't know if Ben is a member of the Vault. I could look, but I just emailed him to ask. I will still be moderator here and posting things from time to time.

          Really, the only change is that I won't be editing or publishing "THFT!". In fact, I will still be writing for it. Otherwise, I still will impart Harvey knowledge, etc. and may actually have more time to post things in the Vault.

          Re: My "Cracked" book. Look for a Fall 2010 release. It's still being edited and formatted.

          -Moderator Mark.

          --- In richierichsvault@yahoogroups.com, Shad Daly <shadslists@...> wrote:

          > Hey! Good news! I'm sure you have some mixed feelings, seeing how it has
          > been your baby all these years...
          >
          > Is the Cracked book actually released now? Cause I've been looking forward
          > to that...
          >
          > Will Ben be on this list?
          >
          > --
          > Shad Z. ^Q^
          > My Blog: http://www.livejournal.com/~shadzane/
          > My Web Site: http://shadz.homestead.com/files/
          >
          > On Thu, Apr 22, 2010 at 11:28 PM, Mark <funideas.mark@...> wrote:
          >
          > > "The Harveyville Fun Times!" will continue with #76. However, Mark Arnold
          > > will be stepping down as Editor and Publisher with issue #75.
          > >
          > > The new Editor and Publisher effective with issue #76 is...Ben Samuels!
          > >
          > > Samuels comes with a publishing background as he has published his own
          > > comic books before and also has worked with Heritage Auctions. Arnold will
          > > still write for "THFT!" and also help Samuels when needed with the
          > > publishing process.
          > >
          > > Samuels is not planning any drastic changes for "THFT!", except maybe ones
          > > for the better. He will give the publication renewed enthusiasm and vigor
          > > that Arnold, after 20 years, no longer have the time and energy because of
          > > other projects and commitments. He also may publish more frequently.
          > > Samuel's focus may be more on the superhero, war, romance and horror comics
          > > of Harvey, which I feel is fine as the "Harvey World" characters have
          > > basically been "beaten to death".
          > >
          > > As for Arnold, he will still write for "THFT!" and plans to do more books.
          > > Arnold is very excited about this announcement and hopes that "THFT!" will
          > > continue on for many years to come...
          > >
          > > You can contact Ben at ben@...

        • Tony Isabella
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 23, 2010