" CASPER AND THE SPECTRALS #1 " !!!!!!!

  • jgbook2007
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 3, 2009
      Okay , I see that a promo about www.ardden-entertainment.com 's new Casper , etc. , series has been posted , but I guess that I'M the first one to post about it - and I only saw it , on the new rack , in my comics shop yesterday !!!!!!!!!!!
      Okay , VERY briefly , it's EXTREMELY different...but I have decided that it's quite good !!!!!!!!!!!
      TOTALLY diifernt , again...More of a " Kid's Vertigo " ( Totally kid-suitable , allow me to add . ) and I wonder if the 90s movie was any influence ????????? Frankly , I suppose there's a little " wanna-be "-ing of Harry Potter ( which I've never read ) going on here , as well .
    • Bart Bush
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 12, 2009
        I LOVE IT !!! Its an update of our favorite Harvey characters..and with a back story that starts off being being very interesting and sets the tone for the issues ahead.... Casper, Spooky, Wendy, and Hot Stuff still have their classic Harvey personalities and it works just fine with the modern day settings. The expressions and character designs are very good, the art is nice, the characters are well animated and the story flows smoothly..
        GO OUT AND BUY A COPY AND SUPPORT THIS SERIES !!!!

        ON SALE AT ALL COMIC BOOK SHOPS NOW!!
      • Shad Daly
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 3, 2009
          On Thu, Nov 12, 2009 at 8:47 PM, Bart Bush <bbush3@...> wrote:

          I LOVE IT !!! Its an update of our favorite Harvey characters..and with a back story that starts off being being very interesting and sets the tone for the issues ahead....  Casper, Spooky, Wendy, and Hot Stuff still have their classic Harvey personalities and it works just fine with the modern day settings. The expressions and character designs are very good, the art is nice, the characters are well animated and the story flows smoothly..
          GO OUT AND BUY A COPY AND SUPPORT THIS SERIES !!!!

          I agree  -- I liked this much more than I thought I would!

          --
          Shad Z.                      ^Q^
          My Blog: http://www.livejournal.com/~shadzane/
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 3, 2009
            I bought it, but haven't read it yet, so I can't really comment except that I do like the artwork. Has anyone found any of the alternate covers???

            -Moderator Mark.