[Richie Rich's Vault] Re: Harvey Girls "New" Release Date March 18th, 2009

  • winston_aw
    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 23, 2008
      Wendy had more than "several adventures on her own". In fact, she had
      several titles devoted to her. True, Casper may have appeared in a
      supporting role in some of the stories from her own titles.

      As for Gloria, she did, in fact, have several 5-page stories minus
      Richie but never her own solo book, the closest possibly
      being "Richie Rich and his Best Girlfriend Gloria".

      And Pearl was never in solo stories as I recall. She really didn't
      appear all that much in Spooky stories, so she was most certainly a
      minor supporting character. I kinda think of her as a ghostly
      version of Gloria. One similarity is the appearance (similar
      hairstyles plus ribbon, although Gloria doesn't look so pasty).
      Another is their nagging their respective boyfriends about something
      that really annoys them (Gloria on Richie's case about spending so
      much money on her [definitely fantasy there, but I digress], Pearl
      after Spooky about his "booing" and scare raids).

      --- In richierichsvault@yahoogroups.com, "gasper_b" <gasper_b@...>
      wrote:

      > The thing is Gloria, Pearl, and Wendy were supporting
      characters, so they were already featured in the Casper and Richie
      Rich books. I could see them putting some stories about Wendy, since
      she did have several adventures on her own, but I think Gloria and
      Pearl were seldom, if ever, given their own stories. Thus, Dot,
      Audrey, and Lotta are the ones that they will probably focus on.

      Date March 18th, 2009

    • Darrylheine@aol.com
      Message 2 of 9 , Dec 24, 2008
        So Dark Horse will release HARVEY GIRLS in March 2009! Happy Holidays to all!!!
        darrylh60067