Re: [Richie Rich's Vault] Rich's Go Broke Story

  • Tony Isabella
    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 1, 2008
      At 05:05 PM 6/30/2008, Winston wrote:

      >>>I do believe the story "From Riches to Rags" is first presented
      in an issue of Millions. I'm thinking it may be #39, but I don't
      know for sure. If I get the chance, I'll dig through and see if I
      can find it.<<<

      I remember that story. Let me know if you track down the issue
      because it might be something I'd write about in my book.

      I want to include at least one Richie Rich comic in the book and my
      strong preference would be a story that shows how family and friends
      are far more important to him that material things.

      Tony Isabella

      TONY'S ONLINE TIPS
      http://www.worldfamouscomics.com/tony
    • Phillip Carpenter
      Message 2 of 10 , Jul 1, 2008

        In that case you should take a look at the classic story, "From Richie To Rags", which first appeared in Little Dot #13.  When Reggie tells Richie that his friends Freckles and Pee Wee only hang around him because he is rich, Richie makes a bet with REggie and does an experiment. Here, he tells Freckles and Pee Wee that his dad lost all of his money in the stock market etc. As Reggie spies on their conversation, he is surprised to find that Freckles and Pee Wee start to raise money for Richie and his family. Even Freckle's dad gets in the mix. It is a great story.  The artwork is great too. Classic 1955 stuff. There is also a stroy called "Most treasured Possession" that deals with the theme of materialism vs the value of friendship and experience.....

        >>>I do believe the story "From Riches to Rags" is first presented
        in an issue of Millions. I'm thinking it may be #39, but I don't
        know for sure. If I get the chance, I'll dig through and see if I
        can find it.<<<

        I remember that story. Let me know if you track down the issue
        because it might be something I'd write about in my book.

        I want to include at least one Richie Rich comic in the book and my
        strong preference would be a story that shows how family and friends
        are far more important to him that material things.

        Tony Isabella

        TONY'S ONLINE TIPS
        http://www.worldfam ouscomics. com/tony

      • coolnesspark
        Message 3 of 10 , Jul 1, 2008
          I can't believe I'd forgotten about this story. It's one of the
          best stories from that time period and it still holds up well today.
          I first read that story in a Harvey Collectors Comics issue from
          either late '75 or early '76.

          --- In richierichsvault@yahoogroups.com, Phillip Carpenter

          Message 4 of 10 , Jul 2, 2008
            At 04:27 PM 7/1/2008, you wrote:

            >>>In that case you should take a look at the classic story, "From
            Richie To Rags", which first appeared in Little Dot #13. When Reggie
            tells Richie that his friends Freckles and Pee Wee only hang around
            him because he is rich, Richie makes a bet with REggie and does an
            experiment. Here, he tells Freckles and Pee Wee that his dad lost all
            of his money in the stock market etc. As Reggie spies on their
            conversation, he is surprised to find that Freckles and Pee Wee start
            to raise money for Richie and his family. Even Freckle's dad gets in
            the mix. It is a great story. The artwork is great too. Classic 1955
            stuff. There is also a stroy called "Most treasured Possession" that
            deals with the theme of materialism vs the value of friendship and
            experience.....<<<

            Those sound like great choices. I'm sorely tempted to buy the Little
            Dot comic from Mile High, but it's a little pricey, even on sale.

            Is the second story in the same issue?