Richie Rich #1 for Eight Bucks!!

  • Mark Arnold
    Message 1 of 19 , Mar 3, 2008
    • Phillip Carpenter
      Message 2 of 19 , Mar 3, 2008
        Awesome!  It reminds me of my quest for a low grade Richie #1.  I am looking for one of the worst shaped RR #1 comics in history. You will know it when you see it, but it is a personal pedigree as I used to own it when I was a kid. It has ALOT of tape on it. The spine, the front, the back. Basically a laminated version. And it has a 1.00 wirtten in pencil on the first page, upper right.  I got this at a comic con in 1975, when I was 9, and let it go in high school. I sold it to a guy in Oregon and have been looking for it for about 10 years. Anybody seen it? Also, i just noticed that Richie has 4 toes on each foot. Is this common?  I have to check all of the "foot issues" now. Let's see...Richie Rich Millions #54 and.....

      • Roland Schama
        Message 3 of 19 , Mar 3, 2008
          So what do you think it's actually worth in this condition?
        • Phillip Carpenter
          Message 4 of 19 , Mar 4, 2008
            $100

            Roland Schama <rnschama@...> wrote:
            So what do you think it's actually worth in this condition?

          • Bart
            Message 5 of 19 , Mar 4, 2008
              Hey Mark!

              Lets have members here give a  guess what the RR #1 will finally sell for.
              Maybe a prize to the closest guess?

              I'll go first:  $110.00

              Bart
            • thft@att.net
              Message 6 of 19 , Mar 4, 2008
                Sure. Let's play "The Price is Right"! The closest guess without going over will get a copy of "THFT!" #69.

                --
                Regards,

                Mark Arnold
                http://funideas.home.att.net

                From: "Bart" <bbush3@...>

                > Hey Mark!
                >
                > Lets have members here give a guess what the RR #1 will finally sell for.
                > Maybe a prize to the closest guess?
                >
                > I'll go first: $110.00
                >
                > Bart
              • Phillip Carpenter

                    From: "Bart" <bbush3@...>

                    > Hey Mark!
                    >
                    > Lets have members here give a guess what the RR #1 will finally sell for.
                    > Maybe a prize to the closest guess?
                    >
                    > I'll go first: $110.00
                    >
                    > Bart

                  • Mark Arnold
                    Message 9 of 19 , Mar 5, 2008
                      Oh also BTW, guessing is closed on March 8. If I let everyone guess
                      the closing bid at the last minute, they'll win!!

                      Even if you're not interested in a copy of "THFT!" #69, you should
                      guess anyway.

                      Also, let me know (after the auction closes) if you win!!

                      I'd be curious to know if a Vault member gets this.

                      -Moderator Mark.

                      --- In richierichsvault@yahoogroups.com, Ron Miver <duffmiver2007@...>
                      wrote:

                      > I bid $79.99 , Bob - errr - Drew
                      >
                      > thft@... wrote: Sure. Let's play "The Price is Right"! The
                      closest guess without going over will get a copy of "THFT!" #69.

                      > --
                      > Regards,
                      >
                      > Mark Arnold
                      > http://funideas.home.att.net

                      > From: "Bart" <bbush3@...>
                      > >
                      > > Hey Mark!
                      > >
                      > > Lets have members here give a guess what the RR #1 will finally
                      sell for.
                      > > Maybe a prize to the closest guess?
                      > >
                      > > I'll go first: $110.00
                      > >
                      > > Bart
                      >

                      > ---------------------------------
                      Try it now.

                    • Mark R.
                      Message 10 of 19 , Mar 5, 2008
                        I'm disqualifying myself as I just ordered # 69 so I'm taking two guesses!
                        Either $68.00 or $127.00, tough call on this one. If I needed it I'd probably go as high
                        as $60-$80.

                        Hey Mark, check your thft.att.net address for a subscription order from me.
                        Thanks,
                        Mark3

                      • thft@att.net
                        Message 11 of 19 , Mar 5, 2008
                          You can still win. I can apply your money to #70 if you like.
                          --
                          Regards,

                          Mark Arnold
                          http://funideas.home.att.net

                          From: "Mark R." <jstockbu@...>

                          > I'm disqualifying myself as I just ordered # 69 so I'm taking two guesses!
                          > Either $68.00 or $127.00, tough call on this one. If I needed it I'd probably go
                          > as high
                          > as $60-$80.
                          >
                          > Hey Mark, check your thft.att.net address for a subscription order from me.
                          > Thanks,
                          > Mark3

                        • Mark R.
                          Message 12 of 19 , Mar 5, 2008
                            Thanks Mark but I won the last one so I'm just guessing for fun.

                            Mark3
                          • rnschama@cox.net
                            Message 13 of 19 , Mar 5, 2008

                              I guess I'll go for $130 (although I personally won't go that high).

                              ---- Mark Arnold <thft@...> wrote:

                              > Oh also BTW, guessing is
                              closed on March 8. If I let everyone guess
                              > the closing bid at the
                              last minute, they'll win!!

                              > Even if you're not interested
                              in a copy of "THFT!" #69, you should
                              > guess anyway.

                              Also, let me know (after the auction closes) if you win!!

                              I'd be curious to know if a Vault member gets this.

                              -Moderator Mark.

                              > --- In richierichsvault@yahoogroups.com,
                              Ron Miver <duffmiver2007@...>
                              > wrote:

                              I bid $79.99 , Bob - errr - Drew

                              > > thft@... wrote:
                              Sure. Let's play "The Price is Right"! The
                              > closest
                              guess without going over will get a copy of "THFT!" #69.

                              > > --
                              > > Regards,
                              > >
                              > > Mark
                              Arnold

                              "Bart" <bbush3@...>

                              > > > Hey
                              Mark!

                              > > > Lets have members here give a guess
                              what the RR #1 will finally
                              > sell for.
                              > > > Maybe a prize
                              to the closest guess?

                              > > > I'll go first: $110.00
                              > > >
                              > > > Bart
                              > >

                              > > ---------------------------------

                              Try it now.

                            • coolnesspark
                              Message 14 of 19 , Mar 5, 2008
                                Will be anxious to see if Geppi bids on this one too......

                                --- In richierichsvault@yahoogroups.com, <rnschama@...> wrote:

                                > I guess I'll go for $130 (although I personally won't go that
                                high).

                                > ---- Mark Arnold <thft@...> wrote:
                                > > Oh also BTW, guessing is closed on March 8. If I let everyone
                                guess
                                > > the closing bid at the last minute, they'll win!!
                                > >
                                > > Even if you're not interested in a copy of "THFT!" #69, you
                                should
                                > > guess anyway.
                                > >
                                > > Also, let me know (after the auction closes) if you win!!
                                > >
                                > > I'd be curious to know if a Vault member gets this.
                                > >
                                > > -Moderator Mark.
                                > >
                                > > --- In richierichsvault@yahoogroups.com, Ron Miver
                                <duffmiver2007@>
                                > > wrote:
                                > > >
                                > > > I bid $79.99 , Bob - errr - Drew
                                > > >
                                > > > thft@ wrote: Sure. Let's play "The Price is Right"! The
                                > > closest guess without going over will get a copy of "THFT!" #69.
                                > > >
                                > > > --
                                > > > Regards,
                                > > >
                                > > > Mark Arnold
                                > > > http://funideas.home.att.net

                                Mobile.
                                > > Try it now.

                              • Phillip Carpenter
                                Message 15 of 19 , Mar 6, 2008
                                  he only seems to bid on file copies as he owns them; have you noticed all of his comics being sold through heritage?

                                  coolnesspark <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
                                  Will be anxious to see if Geppi bids on this one too......

                                  --- In richierichsvault@ yahoogroups. com, <rnschama@.. .> wrote:

                                  > I guess I'll go for $130 (although I personally won't go that
                                  high).

                                  > ---- Mark Arnold <thft@...> wrote:
                                  > > Oh also BTW, guessing is closed on March 8. If I let everyone
                                  guess
                                  > > the closing bid at the last minute, they'll win!!
                                  > >
                                  > > Even if you're not interested in a copy of "THFT!" #69, you
                                  should
                                  > > guess anyway.
                                  > >
                                  > > Also, let me know (after the auction closes) if you win!!
                                  > >
                                  > > I'd be curious to know if a Vault member gets this.
                                  > >
                                  > > -Moderator Mark.
                                  > >
                                  > > --- In richierichsvault@ yahoogroups. com, Ron Miver
                                  <duffmiver2007@ >
                                  > > wrote:
                                  > > >
                                  > > > I bid $79.99 , Bob - errr - Drew
                                  > > >
                                  > > > thft@ wrote: Sure. Let's play "The Price is Right"! The
                                  > > closest guess without going over will get a copy of "THFT!" #69.
                                  > > >
                                  > > > --
                                  > > > Regards,
                                  > > >
                                  > > > Mark Arnold
                                  > > > http://funideas. home.att. net

                                • Mark Arnold
                                  Message 16 of 19 , Mar 8, 2008
                                    Just a reminder that today is the last day I'll accept guesses for how
                                    high the "Richie Rich" #1 will go on Ebay. Currently, as of 11:18 am
                                    PST, it's up to $26.00 with 7 bids, with roughly 1 day, 6 hours to go...

                                    -Moderator Mark.

                                    --- In richierichsvault@yahoogroups.com, "Mark R." <jstockbu@...> wrote:

                                    > Thanks Mark but I won the last one so I'm just guessing for fun.
                                    >
                                    > Mark3

                                  • Mark Arnold
                                    Message 17 of 19 , Mar 11, 2008
                                      Wow. The winning bid was only $53.00!!!

                                      I guess nobody wins the bet as everyone bid over. Is that correct?

                                      Here's the link:

                                      http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=200204726770&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=010

                                      -Moderator Mark.

                                      --- In richierichsvault@yahoogroups.com, "Mark Arnold" <thft@...> wrote:

                                      > Just a reminder that today is the last day I'll accept guesses for how
                                      > high the "Richie Rich" #1 will go on Ebay. Currently, as of 11:18 am
                                      > PST, it's up to $26.00 with 7 bids, with roughly 1 day, 6 hours to go...
                                      >
                                      > -Moderator Mark.
                                      >
                                      > --- In richierichsvault@yahoogroups.com, "Mark R." <jstockbu@> wrote:
                                      > >
                                      > > Thanks Mark but I won the last one so I'm just guessing for fun.
                                      > >
                                      > > Mark3

                                    • Phillip Carpenter
                                      Message 18 of 19 , Mar 11, 2008
                                        YEP

                                        Mark Arnold <thft@...> wrote:
                                        Wow. The winning bid was only $53.00!!!

                                        I guess nobody wins the bet as everyone bid over. Is that correct?

                                        Here's the link:

                                        http://cgi.ebay. com/ws/eBayISAPI .dll?ViewItem& rd=1&item= 200204726770& ssPageName= STRK:MEWA: IT&ih=010

                                        -Moderator Mark.

                                        --- In richierichsvault@ yahoogroups. com, "Mark Arnold" <thft@...> wrote:

                                        > Just a reminder that today is the last day I'll accept guesses for how
                                        > high the "Richie Rich" #1 will go on Ebay. Currently, as of 11:18 am
                                        > PST, it's up to $26.00 with 7 bids, with roughly 1 day, 6 hours to go...
                                        >
                                        > -Moderator Mark.
                                        >
                                        > --- In richierichsvault@ yahoogroups. com, "Mark R." <jstockbu@> wrote:
                                        > >
                                        > > Thanks Mark but I won the last one so I'm just guessing for fun.
                                        > >
                                        > > Mark3

                                      • Roland Schama
                                        Message 19 of 19 , Mar 11, 2008
                                          I would agree.
                                          Way too far off.
                                          I stopped bidding at $35. I guess I am too picky about condition.