What's going on?

  • Tony Hill
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 3, 2002
      There are some Richies going way out of range on eBay. Is something
      funny going on here? RR #1 is up to $980 and the reserve still hasn't
      been met. Billions #1 is currently at $207.15. I know it isn't worth
      that much. You know it isn't worth that much. The seller knows it
      isn't worth that much. The so-called bidders know it isn't worth that
      much. What is the deal? Tony
    • Marco Andres
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 3, 2002
        Wow. That is crazy. I don't know what to think of
        it. I thought buying RR #1 at around $400 or so was
        tough for me to do right away, but close to $1,000?
        There must be something going on we don't know about
        or this guy has tons of money and will buy at any
        cost. But why? It's like throwing money in the wind.
        Anyone know of comic conventions in the Virginia
        region? What about various Richie Rich products?
        Take care every one.

        Mark H.

        --- Tony Hill <bellczar@...> wrote:
        > There are some Richies going way out of range on
        > eBay. Is something
        > funny going on here? RR #1 is up to $980 and the
        > reserve still hasn't
        > been met. Billions #1 is currently at $207.15. I
        > know it isn't worth
        > that much. You know it isn't worth that much. The
        > seller knows it
        > isn't worth that much. The so-called bidders know
        > it isn't worth that
        > much. What is the deal? Tony

        http://health.yahoo.com
      • funtimes95070
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 3, 2002
          Hi everyone,

          According to the latest "Overstreet Comic Book Price Guide" #32,
          Richie Rich #1 (1960) is up to $1800 in near mint condition. The
          comic has taken quite a few leaps in recent years after stalling at
          $400 for over a decade and Overstreet is the guide most people base
          their prices on regardless of how accurate they are. Now the
          recent "Standard Catalog of Comic Books" lists it $800 in near mint
          condition, so go figure. I have to admit my recent article in "Comic
          Book Artist" #19 may have prompted a flurry of Harvey nostalgia and
          activity. Also, the upcoming rerelease of "Richie Rich's Christmas
          Wish" and the direct-to-video Casper movies and Casper cartoons may
          have something to do with it. Personally, the real rarities to
          collect in the Harvey World regarding Richie Rich are "Little Dot" #1
          and "Harvey Hits #3 and #9, yet they are all valued less by
          Overstreet. Oh well.

          Regards,
          Mark Arnold
          Editor and Publisher