January Contest

  • Mark Arnold
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 5, 2008
      Happy New Year, everyone! To start the new year right, we're going to
      have another contest. The first one to answer this question correctly
      gets a FREE copy of THFT! #69 when it rolls off the presses. (It's
      currently on the presses now.) Here's the question:

      What or who is Magtut Magn?

      Good luck.

      -Mark.
    • Rat
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 6, 2008

        > Happy New Year, everyone! To start the new year right, we're going to
        > have another contest. The first one to answer this question correctly
        > gets a FREE copy of THFT! #69 when it rolls off the presses. (It's
        > currently on the presses now.) Here's the question:
        >
        > What or who is Magtut Magn?
        >
        > Good luck.
        >
        > -Mark.

        My first guess, based on some very vague memory that I can't hope
        to cite, is that it's some alternate-universe version of Richie Rich.

        That's probably not enough to win, though, even if it's correct.

        --Robyn
      • Mark Arnold
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 6, 2008
          "It's some alternate-universe version of Richie Rich."

          Close enough. I'll give it to you. "Magtut Magn" is Martian talk for "Richie Rich". It's from the story "Number One Boy!" from "Richie Rich #97, recently reprinted in the Dark Horse Richie Rich book. See the last panel of the story.

          -Mark.

          At 12:20 AM 1/6/2008, you wrote:

          > Happy New Year, everyone! To start the new year right, we're going to
          > have another contest. The first one to answer this question correctly
          > gets a FREE copy of THFT! #69 when it rolls off the presses. (It's
          > currently on the presses now.) Here's the question:
          >
          > What or who is Magtut Magn?
          >
          > Good luck.
          >
          > -Mark.

          My first guess, based on some very vague memory that I can't hope
          to cite, is that it's some alternate-universe version of Richie Rich.

          That's probably not enough to win, though, even if it's correct.

          --Robyn

          Regards,
          MARK ARNOLD
          Fun Ideas Productions - P. O. Box 2616 - Saratoga, CA 95070

          BUY MY FIRST BOOK! "The Best of The Harveyville Fun Times!" today!
          Go to Amazon or you can order it directly from the publisher by
          clicking here: http://www.lulu.com/thft

        • Mark Arnold
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 15, 2008
            Hi Robyn,

            What is your mailing address? Please don't post it here, but instead
            please email it to me at thft@.... THFT! #69 is finally done and
            I'm mailing out copies.

            -Moderator Mark.

            <http://groups.google.com/group/martb>http://groups.google.com/group/martb