[Richie Rich's Vault] Re: Rich/Van Dough

  • funtimes95070
    Message 1 of 5 , May 1 4:45 PM
      Hi Tony,

      Please let me know of any corrections for Overstreet. I am their
      Harvey advisor.

      -Mark A.

      --- In richierichsvault@y..., Tony Hill <bellczar@e...> wrote:
      > I think Mrs. Van Dough's name was Vanessa. And the Overstreet
      guide --
      > which is frequently erroneous -- says that Penny was introduced in
      > Success Stories #27, Aug. 1969.
      >
      > Tony
    • Tony Hill
      Message 2 of 5 , May 1 6:51 PM
        Overstreet is highly biased against buyers. I for one would prefer not
        to help them. Tony

        funtimes95070 wrote:

        > Hi Tony,
        >
        > Please let me know of any corrections for Overstreet. I am their
        > Harvey advisor.
        >
        > -Mark A.
        >
        > --- In richierichsvault@y..., Tony Hill <bellczar@e...> wrote:
        > > I think Mrs. Van Dough's name was Vanessa. And the Overstreet
        > guide --
        > > which is frequently erroneous -- says that Penny was introduced in
        > > Success Stories #27, Aug. 1969.
        > >
        > > Tony

      • funtimes95070
        Message 3 of 5 , May 2 8:45 AM
          Personally, I treat the Overstreet Guide as a fact book, and the only
          one that actually lists virtually all of the Harvey titles, unlike
          Wizard or any other. The prices are totally bogus, but I would like
          to document any first appearances, etc. if you have them.

          The book (as well as the industry) is totally slanted towards
          superheroes with the exception of the ducks and Little Lulu which
          (surprise) Overstreet himself enjoyed as a kid. That doesn't mean we
          as Harvey fans should continue to allow misinformation or no
          information to appear in his book, especially concerning the Harvey
          titles which are still SEVERELY underrepresented. I cannot do this
          all myself.

          -Mark A.

          --- In richierichsvault@y..., Tony Hill <bellczar@e...> wrote:
          > Overstreet is highly biased against buyers. I for one would prefer
          not
          > to help them. Tony
          >
          > funtimes95070 wrote:
          >
          > > Hi Tony,
          > >
          > > Please let me know of any corrections for Overstreet. I am their
          > > Harvey advisor.
          > >
          > > -Mark A.
          > >
          > > --- In richierichsvault@y..., Tony Hill <bellczar@e...> wrote:
          > > > I think Mrs. Van Dough's name was Vanessa. And the Overstreet
          > > guide --
          > > > which is frequently erroneous -- says that Penny was introduced
          in
          > > > Success Stories #27, Aug. 1969.
          > > >
          > > > Tony

          Service.

        • Tony Hill
          Message 4 of 5 , May 2 8:53 PM
            You make a good point. I will reconsider. But I absolutely hate
            dealers who rely on OS to prop up untenable prices. A good example is
            Zillionz #1. OS (27th ed) lists a NM copy at $12, which is absurd. The
            pricing seems to be based entirely on the issue number. 2-5 higher than
            6-10 for most titles, etc. Yet Zillionz #1 is probably easier to find
            than #2. Nearly every dealer I visit has several inflated copies. Yet
            Bank Books #25, released the same day, is listed at $3.50 and Super
            Richie #5, also released 6/24/76, catalogs for only $1.00. Undoubtedly
            there were at least as many of Zillionz #1 printed as BB #25 (and
            perhaps more, since some people snap up #1s).

            Much more sensible is pricing based on age. Books from 1966 more
            valuable than those from 1970, which are more valuable than those from
            1974, etc.

            Tony

            funtimes95070 wrote:

            > Personally, I treat the Overstreet Guide as a fact book, and the only
            >
            > one that actually lists virtually all of the Harvey titles, unlike
            > Wizard or any other. The prices are totally bogus, but I would like
            > to document any first appearances, etc. if you have them.
            >
            > The book (as well as the industry) is totally slanted towards
            > superheroes with the exception of the ducks and Little Lulu which
            > (surprise) Overstreet himself enjoyed as a kid. That doesn't mean we
            > as Harvey fans should continue to allow misinformation or no
            > information to appear in his book, especially concerning the Harvey
            > titles which are still SEVERELY underrepresented. I cannot do this
            > all myself.
            >
            > -Mark A.
            >
            > --- In richierichsvault@y..., Tony Hill <bellczar@e...> wrote:
            > > Overstreet is highly biased against buyers. I for one would prefer
            > not
            > > to help them. Tony
            > >
            > > funtimes95070 wrote:
            > >
            > > > Hi Tony,
            > > >
            > > > Please let me know of any corrections for Overstreet. I am their
            > > > Harvey advisor.
            > > >
            > > > -Mark A.

            > > > guide --
            > in