Re: [Richie Rich's Vault] Any Harvey Related News From San Diego?

  • richie41269
    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 2, 2007
      That's pretty funny Mark-Yeah, I was watching the daily coverage on
      G4 and didn't really expect to see someone in a Richie or Dot costume
      parade by.(I thought I had spotted HA HA, but it was just an
      evil-clown-Jester)! By the way-Does anyone know what happened to the
      old Richie and Casper costumes That were worn for the Boyscout
      campaigns from the 70's? I know they're still not hanging in Alan
      Harvey's closet. Ahem....

      --- In richierichsvault@yahoogroups.com, thft@... wrote:

      > Short answer: Ha!
      >
      > Just kidding.
      >
      > There apparently was a Sid Jacobson sighting by Scott Shaw! and the
      new Casper book was for sale at Bud Plant's booth (as was my book). I
      didn't get a chance to speak to Jerry Beck, so I don't know any more
      than that.

      > I went to Dark Horse to see if they were doing anything and the
      answer was no.

      > More later. I just got back into town tonight.
      >
      > --
      > Regards,
      >
      > Mark Arnold
      > http://funideas.home.att.net

      > From: "richie41269" <richie41269@...>
      > >
      > > Just wondering if there were any Harvey happenings afoot at the San
      > > Diego Con. Phil-Any news from the Front-lines? Mark? By the way-Great
      > > pic of Sid and Ruth in Saratoga by Tharivol2002. Thanks!

    • Mark Arnold
      Message 2 of 9 , Aug 2, 2007
        It's funny. I actually do know the whereabouts of those costumes. The
        person that owns them (I know his wife, Linda, not him) put them up
        for sale once, but his asking price was way too much so they remain
        in his possession. I think he was asking upwards to $1000 each for
        them and that was a few years ago.

        -Moderator Mark.

        At 11:36 AM 8/2/2007, you wrote:

        >That's pretty funny Mark-Yeah, I was watching the daily coverage on
        >G4 and didn't really expect to see someone in a Richie or Dot costume
        >parade by.(I thought I had spotted HA HA, but it was just an
        >evil-clown-Jester)! By the way-Does anyone know what happened to the
        >old Richie and Casper costumes That were worn for the Boyscout
        >campaigns from the 70's? I know they're still not hanging in Alan
        >Harvey's closet. Ahem....
        >
        >--- In
        ><mailto:richierichsvault%40yahoogroups.com>richierichsvault@yahoogroups.com,
        >thft@... wrote:
        > >
        > > Short answer: Ha!
        > >
        > > Just kidding.
        > >
        > > There apparently was a Sid Jacobson sighting by Scott Shaw! and the
        >new Casper book was for sale at Bud Plant's booth (as was my book). I
        >didn't get a chance to speak to Jerry Beck, so I don't know any more
        >than that.
        > >
        > > I went to Dark Horse to see if they were doing anything and the
        >answer was no.
        > >
        > > More later. I just got back into town tonight.
        > >
        > > --
        > > Regards,
        > >
        > > Mark Arnold
        > > <http://funideas.home.att.net>http://funideas.home.att.net

        > > From: "richie41269" <richie41269@...>
        > > >
        > > > Just wondering if there were any Harvey happenings afoot at the San
        > > > Diego Con. Phil-Any news from the Front-lines? Mark? By the way-Great
        > > > pic of Sid and Ruth in Saratoga by Tharivol2002. Thanks!

        Regards,
        MARK ARNOLD
        Fun Ideas Productions - P. O. Box 2616 - Saratoga, CA 95070

        Mark's Rare Comics - http://rarecomics.home.att.net
        Beatles -
        <http://groups.google.com/group/martb>http://groups.google.com/group/martb
        So Rare! Collectibles - http://sorare.home.att.net
        Food Shop - http://foodshop.home.att.net
        Blog - http://fun-ideas.blogspot.com
        Protecto, the Little Robot - http://protecto.blogspot.com
        ComicSpace - http://www.comicspace.com/mark_arnold/

        BUY MY FIRST BOOK! "The Best of The Harveyville Fun Times!" today!
        Go to Amazon or you can order it directly from the publisher by
        clicking here: http://www.lulu.com/thft

      • richie41269
        Message 3 of 9 , Aug 3, 2007
          That is INCREDIBLE!! -I would love to see a pic of the Richie
          costume. I cant believe you know the whereabouts. Do you think Linda
          would spare a picture? Are you still in contact? Thanks Mark!!

          Message 4 of 9 , Aug 3, 2007
            I'll try to ask her. I called earlier and got to her voicemail but
            couldn't leave a message as the voicemail was full. I'll try again.

            -Mark.

            --- In richierichsvault@yahoogroups.com, "richie41269"

            Message 5 of 9 , Aug 4, 2007
              Excellent! Please keep us posted on that and Thankyou again. I may
              just be wearing that to WONDERCON next year. Very impressive, by the
              way Mark, that you are such a "Hands-on" moderator.(knowing the
              location and contact of such an obscure, one-of-a-kind item). I was
              wondering with all the projects on your creative table, where you find
              the time, then I noticed the 3 am time-stamp on one of your e-mails,
              and it all made sense.-You make the time. Most of the artists,
              writers, and Engineers of Creativity that I know do some of their
              best work in those wee hours. (couldn't be the 3rd quadruple expresso
              at 8pm, nnoooo...)

            • Tony Isabella
              Message 6 of 9 , Aug 5, 2007
                - QUOTATION OF THE DAY -

                "I know people looking in from the outside will ask why someone like
                me keeps working so hard. But a few million doesn't go as far as it
                used to. Maybe in the '70s, a few million bucks meant 'Lifestyles of
                the Rich and Famous,' or Richie Rich living in a big house with a
                butler. But not anymore."
                - HAL STEGER, a Silicon Valley millionaire.

                Thought all of you would get a kick out of the above.

                Tony

                TONY'S ONLINE TIPS
                http://www.worldfamouscomics.com/tony
              • Mark Arnold
                Message 7 of 9 , Aug 5, 2007
                  ZZzzzzz....huh...whazzat? Oh yeah, thanks!

                  -Mark.

                • richie41269
                  Message 8 of 9 , Aug 12, 2007
                    Yeah, living in the San Francisco Bay area really reminds me that
                    everything is relative, even wealth, or a lack of it. With the median
                    home value of $1.5 million, Which gets you a "track" home, and 3/4
                    acre lots going for a million-thats JUST the land. I remember a few
                    months back reading about a guy who sold his 4 acre, 6,000 sq. ft
                    estate in Colorado, and all his money here (Bay area) could afford him
                    was a 900 sq. ft fixer-upper without part of a roof. A prominent
                    Microsoft CEO wants to build a 65,000 sq. ft. "compound" a few miles
                    from here and the whole community is against it. The main complaint is
                    it would be an eyesore, so he agreed to build half of it underground.
                    We're talking about a structure larger than the White House. We'll
                    see. One of my recent clients has 2 indoor ,full-size glass
                    racquet-ball courts, a huge mote around the property, and a $10,000 a
                    month PG&E (electricity) bill. The contractor revealed to me they had
                    an escape tunnel built from an underground garage, to a mountainside
                    exit hatch. However, working with the ultra-wealthy ,one tends to
                    become unimpressed with wealth. It's really not the "stuff" we
                    surround ourselves with, its the relationships we forge.(I know this
                    sounds familiar to readers). Everyone tends to equate wealth with
                    happiness, but I've worked with some very miserable, extremely wealthy
                    clients. You then realize the only thing $$Money can do for you is to
                    "afford you the luxury to not have to worry about...Money." Quite a
                    luxury indeed! Thanks for posting this Tony. Another Silicon Ceo in
                    that same article you posted from went on to say that He's considered
                    nothing with $10 Million. Yep, gone are the days where a million bucks
                    would have you living like a King, with Cadbury and Chef Pierre at
                    your immediate disposal 24/7. Here, it pretty much gets you a small
                    plot of dirt, But Hey, at least the weeds are included....-Dave

                    --- In richierichsvault@yahoogroups.com, Tony Isabella <tonyisa@...>