Sid Couchey in Saratoga Springs, New York! July 14-15

  • Mark Arnold
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 12, 2007
      Sid Couchey's close friend Dan Busha sent me this email today:

      "Sorry I didn't mention this earlier, but Sid Couchey will be a Guest of Honor at the Saratoga
      Springs Comic Con this Saturday! Here's the details:

      http://www.saratogaspringscomiccon.com/

      Sid will be making a few TV appearances in anticipation of the event. I'll post the highlights of
      the day after the show."

      You can also log on to http://www.myspace.com/saratogaspringscomiccon to read more
      about it.

      If you plan to go, make sure to stop by and thank Sid for his years of Richie, Lotta and Dot
      work.

      -Moderator Mark.
    • tharivol2002
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 12, 2007
        Wow that is great! I can't believe I did not hear about this
        sooner. Would it be considered gauche to ask him to sign my PLRB#1?

        Anyhow, it looks like it's just the 14th, not the 15th, and none of
        the web sites mention the hours. I just emailed them to ask, I hope
        they reply.

        -Thanks for the news Mark,

        Jon 8-)

        --- In richierichsvault@yahoogroups.com, "Mark Arnold" <thft@...>
        wrote:

        > Sid Couchey's close friend Dan Busha sent me this email today:
        >
        > "Sorry I didn't mention this earlier, but Sid Couchey will be a
        Guest of Honor at the Saratoga
        > Springs Comic Con this Saturday! Here's the details:
        >
        > http://www.saratogaspringscomiccon.com/
        >
        > Sid will be making a few TV appearances in anticipation of the
        event. I'll post the highlights of
        > the day after the show."
        >
        > You can also log on to
        http://www.myspace.com/saratogaspringscomiccon to read more
        > about it.
        >
        > If you plan to go, make sure to stop by and thank Sid for his years
        of Richie, Lotta and Dot
        > work.
        >
        > -Moderator Mark.

      • Mark Arnold
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 12, 2007
          You're right, sorry about that it is only on July 14. I'm so used to cons being two days long,
          I just assumed. I was so anxious to post this.

          I'm sure Sid will sign PLRB#1. He did draw the backup stories in the issue.

          -Moderator Mark.

          --- In richierichsvault@yahoogroups.com, "tharivol2002" <jsternfe@...> wrote:

          > Wow that is great! I can't believe I did not hear about this
          > sooner. Would it be considered gauche to ask him to sign my PLRB#1?
          >
          > Anyhow, it looks like it's just the 14th, not the 15th, and none of
          > the web sites mention the hours. I just emailed them to ask, I hope
          > they reply.
          >
          > -Thanks for the news Mark,
          >
          > Jon 8-)
          >
          > --- In richierichsvault@yahoogroups.com, "Mark Arnold" <thft@>
          > wrote:
          > >
          > > Sid Couchey's close friend Dan Busha sent me this email today:
          > >
          > > "Sorry I didn't mention this earlier, but Sid Couchey will be a
          > Guest of Honor at the Saratoga
          > > Springs Comic Con this Saturday! Here's the details:
          > >
          > > http://www.saratogaspringscomiccon.com/
          > >
          > > Sid will be making a few TV appearances in anticipation of the
          > event. I'll post the highlights of
          > > the day after the show."
          > >
          > > You can also log on to
          > http://www.myspace.com/saratogaspringscomiccon to read more
          > > about it.
          > >
          > > If you plan to go, make sure to stop by and thank Sid for his years
          > of Richie, Lotta and Dot
          > > work.
          > >
          > > -Moderator Mark.

        • tharivol2002
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 12, 2007
            Okay, I have been in touch with Chuck Brouillette, and the hours are
            10am to 6pm. He said Sid is supposed to show around 10 and stay as
            long as he is able (he's almost 90 years old, gotta cut the guy some
            slack!) Cameras are permitted, I'm thinking of bringing mine.

            -Hope this helps,