3310Question About Original Harvey Comics Demise (1982)

  • jonsea31gsn
    Feb 15, 2014
      I do remember reading Richie Rich comics during the final months of its original run in late 1981 and 1982 (I was probably one of the last new fans of such comics, in fact).  I did discover in comics with a cover date of October 1982 being sold in July 1982 had the list of issues being scheduled through August 5, 1982.  I wonder if the folks at Harvey were originally scheduled to close up shop after August 5 that year?  Though I know they did release two previously unreleased issues of Richie Rich and his Girl Friends and Richie Rich & Jackie Jokers in September 1982 (with totally new ads), but after that Harvey Comics was never heard from again until the company was resurrected in July 1986, but with limited issues.
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic