WE NEED MORE ARTICLES ON YOUR ROBESON COUNTY CONNECTIONS

  • SAWESTGTWY@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 2, 2002
      ROBESON COUNTY HERITAGE BOOK

                   "WRITING ADDITIONAL ARTICLES CAN BE DONE FREE!"
                               "NO PURCHASE REQUIRED!"

       "Where there is a will, there is a way!"

                   February 11th, 2002

      Attention:     All Descendants of Robeson County Families

      Please  help  us  out!    We  are asking if you would write some additional
      article(s) on your Robeson County ancestors for the Robeson County Heritage
      Book  Project.   Our  goal  is  to have as many of the early Robeson County
      families represented in articles as we can.

      The publisher originally told us that only two articles per household could
      be  published  free  and  any article above that would have to be paid for.
      But we have found a way to get around that rule!

      Find  someone in your family, i.e. your brothers, sisters, sons, daughters,
      cousins,  etc?. [just as long as they do not live at your same address] who
      will  agree  to  allow you to submit additional articles under their names.
      We  call  this "FARMING IT OUT"!  You will still get credit for writing the
      article,  and the article will be published "Free"! [see guidelines below].
      Just  follow these simple rules:  Write your article, then under submitter:
      put  the  name  and  address of submitter [check with them first before you
      submit  article].   Then,  under  "Sources" you put "Article researched and
      compiled  by  your  name and mailing address.  By doing additional articles
      this way then we will:  1) still fall within the publisher's guidelines, 2)
      be  able  to put more family articles in the book, and 3) Other researchers
      will contact you directly since you list your name and address as being the
      person who researched and compiled the article.

      I  personally  am  submitting  quite  a  few  articles under my sisters and
      brothers names, I would like a commitment from you to do the same.

      THE  FINAL  DEADLINE  FOR  SUBMITTING  FAMILY ARTICLES IS MARCH 15TH, 2002!
      Please  have  your  articles  post marked by March 15th, 2002.  If possible
      please  mail  them  well before that date.  This will be the final deadline
      because we are required to ship all of the family articles to the publisher
      by the end of March, 2002.  This will insure a Christmas delivery.

      The  Robeson  County Heritage Book will be printed professionally and bound
      in a beautiful 9 X 12 inch hard back cover.

      Articles  are  published "Free" [see guidelines below], and you do not have
      to purchase a book to put an article in.

      Article  qualifications:   The  main  subject  of  your article was here in
      Robeson   County  at  sometime  during  his  or her life [i.e., born, died,
      married  or  resided  within the county].  This is a limited opportunity so
      don't miss the boat!

      You may submit in one of two different ways as follows:

      You  may  submit two 500 word articles with one photo each [at least one of
      the  two articles has to be of a subject born, married, died, or resided in
      Robeson  Co  NC  before 1850].  The other article can be of a subject born,
      married, died or resided in Robeson Co NC anytime after 1850.

      Or,

      One  article  at 1000 words and two photos [the main subject of the article
      has  to  have  been  born, married, died or resided in Robeson Co NC before
      1850].

      If  your  article(s) are longer or you have more photos that the allowance,
      the cost is only 10 cents per extra word and $12.50 per extra photo. As you
      can see this is very reasonable.

      You  are  allowed  to  have  your  article(s) published free [see above for
      guidelines].  If you have other articles, or would like to write additional
      articles, please contact me directly at:

      SAWESTGTWY@...  -or-      Sam_West@...

      Or call me [Sam West] between 9:00pm and 10:00pm eastern time at:
      1-910-738-3302.

      Writing directions for your articles are as follows:

      Double  space and please write in a narrative form.  No genealogy charts or
      tabulars materials can be printed.

      Arrangement:

      1)        TITLE
      2)        BODY OF ARTICLE [NARRATIVE OR FLOWING STORY FORM]
      3)         SUBMITTED  BY:   [NAME  &  ADDRESS  OF SUBMITTER ? your sibling,
          children, cousin, etc?.]
      4)         SOURCES  [Article  researched  and  compiled  by  your  name and
      address]
      5)        CAPTION:   [TO PHOTOS IF YOU ARE SUBMITTING - EIGHT WORD LIMIT]
      6)        WORD COUNT:  [COMPUTERIZED OR ACTUAL]

      NOTE:   When  you do the word count only count the words in the Body of the
      Article.

      All  photos  should  be glossy copies [Please do not send computer scans or
      zeroxed  photos,  and  also  do  not send your original].  If you want your
      photo  back  then  put  a label on the back with your name and address, and
      also include a self addressed and stamped envelope for the return.

      Please check brochure for other details.  Click here to check brochure.

      http://www.geocities.com/bjbarnhill/heritage.html

      Mail all articles and orders to:

      Robeson County Heritage Book Committee
      PO Box 2292
      Lumberton, NC 28359

      Thanks for your time, and we look forward to hearing from you "soon"!

      Sam West