brick walls

  • if you want to know ask
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 5, 2001
      I am happy to say I have found an answer to one of my brick walls. I
      found were my gr-gr-grandmother was buried, when and where she was
      born, when and where she died and who her parents were. I couldn't
      have done this by myself. So I want to thank Linda Glover, Ned and
      Freda Nobles, Susan Hoke. Thank you for all your help!

      Pam Williams
    • Horace B. Peele
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 5, 2001
        At 07:39 PM 06/05/2001 +0000, you wrote:
        >I am happy to say I have found an answer to one of my brick walls. I
        >found were my gr-gr-grandmother was buried, when and where she was
        >born, when and where she died and who her parents were. I couldn't
        >have done this by myself. So I want to thank Linda Glover, Ned and
        >Freda Nobles, Susan Hoke. Thank you for all your help!
        >
        >Pam Williams

        That is the kind of news I like to hear... CONGRATULATIONS and thanks for
        the help....

        Horace
      • Horace B. Peele
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 5, 2001
          At 07:39 PM 06/05/2001 +0000, you wrote:
          >I am happy to say I have found an answer to one of my brick walls. I
          >found were my gr-gr-grandmother was buried, when and where she was
          >born, when and where she died and who her parents were. I couldn't
          >have done this by myself. So I want to thank Linda Glover, Ned and
          >Freda Nobles, Susan Hoke. Thank you for all your help!
          >
          >Pam Williams

          Pam please share what you found....

          Horace
        • Pam Williams
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 6, 2001
            I knew my gr-gr-grandmother's name was Winnie Wallace. That's it. I
            didn't know that until 6/1999, me and my gr-aunt had a talk about
            family history.She said all she knew was her name. I talked to one of
            my grandmothers cousins and he said she was buried in the King
            Cemetery, in Laurel Hill, but had no tombstone. He also told me the
            names of all her children. I went there looking anyway, and I found
            her daughters grave. I turned around and there she was, tombstone and
            all. I had a date of death so I went to the courthouse and got a
            death certificate. No parents names or birth date, just she was born
            in Moore Co. So, I looked thru the cencus records and found her
            parents names and a date of birth. Her name is Winnie Wallace, she
            was born Oct. 1848, she died July 31,1920. Her parents were Aaron and
            Sarah Wallace from Moore Co. And I could get seriously long winded on
            the subject. I think the hunt is the most fun!

            Pam
          • Horace B. Peele
            Message 5 of 5 , Jun 6, 2001
              At 10:37 PM 06/06/2001 +0000, you wrote:
              >I knew my gr-gr-grandmother's name was Winnie Wallace. That's it. I
              >didn't know that until 6/1999, me and my gr-aunt had a talk about
              >family history.She said all she knew was her name. I talked to one of
              >my grandmothers cousins and he said she was buried in the King
              >Cemetery, in Laurel Hill, but had no tombstone. He also told me the
              >names of all her children. I went there looking anyway, and I found
              >her daughters grave. I turned around and there she was, tombstone and
              >all. I had a date of death so I went to the courthouse and got a
              >death certificate. No parents names or birth date, just she was born
              >in Moore Co. So, I looked thru the cencus records and found her
              >parents names and a date of birth. Her name is Winnie Wallace, she
              >was born Oct. 1848, she died July 31,1920. Her parents were Aaron and
              >Sarah Wallace from Moore Co. And I could get seriously long winded on
              >the subject. I think the hunt is the most fun!
              >
              >Pam

              Thanks for sharing, experience is the teacher for others...

              Horace.