The ship "Monomia"

  • Betty Barkley
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 4, 2000
      I think my ancestor came to America on a ship called "Monomia" prior to
      1787. Has anyone
      heard of this ship? I can't seem to find anything on it anywhere!

      Thanks,

      Betty
      barkleyb@...
    • bristern@datastar.net
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 4, 2000
        Betty,
        There's a "Monimia" from Greenock to New York in 1775 in Dobson's "Ships
        from Scotland to America, 1628-1828." This one had 160 passengers mostly
        from Stirlingshire and Perthsire. He lists his source as the Public Record
        Office. Could this be it?
        Nancy