Re: [rice-for-president] Re: Thanks for the invite!

  • MIKE ABERNATHY
    Message 1 of 24 , Feb 20, 2005
      I agree also, God help us if Hillary gets elected.
      Mike in Kansas
      Message 2 of 24 , Feb 20, 2005
        McCain's outspoken criticism of Rumsfeld's Department of Defense is probably not lost on George Bush. George Bush is the individual with the power to annoint the next President through the scenario of promoting Condi from SecState to VP. Ashcroft is dead in the water given his political negatives.

        Much remains to be seen, both in how the geopolitical issues shape up in the coming years, and how the domestic issues shape up, but I think Condi is the right person at the right time for the country in '08. I think this groundswell will gather force quickly.

        Probably best not to focus so much on the negatives of the contenders, like Hillary, but to focus on the positives that Rice brings to the table. Going from SecState to VP in the next 3 years could go a long way towards answering any possible criticisms of her from almost any point of view in positioning for a Presidential Run in 08. Perhaps most important, she will be in the loop on international/ diplomatic/ geopolitical issues from the point of view of the Executive Branch -- so her stepping in will give us continuity that will be very important in a potentially hostile world with an ongoing war.

        Oneirongoing@... wrote:
        Ashcroft will never get the Nomination as he has upset a lot of rank and file.  Plus it is about time we here in AZ dump Mc Cain, since he is always courting up to Hillary  Ken Going

      • Alex Williams
        Message 3 of 24 , Feb 20, 2005
          it would be hell mike!!! HAHAHA

          Message 4 of 24 , Feb 20, 2005
            why are you acting like dirty tricks and untruths are the exclusive
            provinces of the Republicans? Do you honestly believe the Democrats
            are beyond reproach? Criticize the future President Rice all you like
            but if you major beef is that she "lied" then I think you should take a
            cold hard look at what politics is all about in America.
            On Feb 20, 2005, at 11:58 PM, Lee Lee wrote:

            > --- Oneirongoing@... wrote:
            >

            > > Plus it is about time we here in AZ dump Mc
            > > Cain, since he is always
            > > courting up to Hillary  Ken Going
            >

            > ...dont forget his  black baby!

            > Service.

            http://progressiveconservatism.blogspot.com/

            http://pantslessaggressionmusic.blogspot.com/
          • K Hackney
            Message 5 of 24 , Feb 20, 2005
              You are a sad little loser...go away and pick your
              boogies... AZ man

            • MIKE ABERNATHY
              Message 6 of 24 , Feb 21, 2005
                and your point being.  Ted Kennedy does it every day.
                > I TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOU KEN!!! Condi is READY for
                > anything that comes her way!! Hillary isnt even a
                > stumbling block!!!
                >
                >                 ALEX
                >
                > Oneirongoing@... wrote:
                > I agree with the person who said that Condi would
                > step in and take over V.P. duties (maybe even this
                > year) and then Cheney will be on Staff as a tactical
                > advisor to Pres Bush.  She would tear apart any
                > candidate the Democrats run, especially Hillary, as
                > she is so far ahead in knowledge of National
                > Security and now as Secy of State is cementing her
                > relationships with many of our true allies.
                > She is perfect
                > Ken Going, as I said in the end of 2003

                > Yahoo! Terms of Service.

                > protection around
                > http://mail.yahoo.com

                http://info.mail.yahoo.com/mail_250

              • Ross
                Message 7 of 24 , Feb 21, 2005
                  Lee Lee's point being, only a conservatives lie, liberals only
                  nuance.

                  --- In rice-for-president@yahoogroups.com, "MIKE ABERNATHY"
                  <corona11@c...> wrote:
                  > and your point being. Ted Kennedy does it every day.

                  of Service.
                • MIKE ABERNATHY
                  Message 8 of 24 , Feb 21, 2005
                    And a liberal never lies, oh are you misinformed.  I suggest when you wake up tomorrow you open your eyes, then let your mind absorb what is really going on.

                    <corona11@c...> wrote:
                    > and your point being.  Ted Kennedy does it every day.

                    of Service.

                  • Ross
                    Message 9 of 24 , Feb 21, 2005
                      Mike, I don't think you saw the sarcasim in my explaining Lee Lee's
                      position. As for seeing what is going on, I am disturbed by the
                      lack of "Constitutional Correctness". I hope Condi can bring that
                      back, I know it would NEVER happen from the left.

                      <corona11@c...> wrote:
                      > And a liberal never lies, oh are you misinformed. I suggest when
                      you wake up tomorrow you open your eyes, then let your mind absorb
                      what is really going on.

                      Terms
                      > of Service.
                      >

                      > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
                      >
                      > Get unlimited calls to
                      >
                      > U.S./Canada

                      of Service.
                    • Ken Hamilton
                      Message 10 of 24 , Feb 21, 2005
                        Lee Lee, you are on a message list supporting Rice for President for what reason?

                        Ken Hamilton

                        I'm a Condista!
                        Custom Smiley

                          and your point being.  Ted Kennedy does it every day.
                          > I TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOU KEN!!! Condi is READY for
                          > anything that comes her way!! Hillary isnt even a
                          > stumbling block!!!
                          >
                          >                 ALEX
                          >
                          > Oneirongoing@... wrote:
                          > I agree with the person who said that Condi would
                          > step in and take over V.P. duties (maybe even this
                          > year) and then Cheney will be on Staff as a tactical
                          > advisor to Pres Bush.  She would tear apart any
                          > candidate the Democrats run, especially Hillary, as
                          > she is so far ahead in knowledge of National
                          > Security and now as Secy of State is cementing her
                          > relationships with many of our true allies.
                          > She is perfect
                          > Ken Going, as I said in the end of 2003

                          > Yahoo! Terms of Service.

                          > protection around
                          > http://mail.yahoo.com

                        • MIKE ABERNATHY
                          Message 12 of 24 , Feb 21, 2005
                            Forgive me.  I see what you mean now.  Lets get Condi on the road to the next election.  Just hope she will do it.