Re: [rice-for-president] Thanks for the invite!

  • romeros@nyc.rr.com
    Message 1 of 24 , Feb 20, 2005
      I really hope she would consider, word is that Cheney may step down due to health conditions and there's
      a mention of John Ashcroft in the horizon ??? either way, I won't be disappointed.

      Louis
      Message 2 of 24 , Feb 20, 2005
        Interesting, well if Cheney steps down and Ashcroft
        becomes VP it should not hurt Cindi's chances to run
        if however Ashcroft does not run for Pres if he does
        become VP...we'll have to wait and see...

      • Janar Wasito
        Message 3 of 24 , Feb 20, 2005
          Hello,

          One of my college classmates and friends, now a junior professor at Cambridge University, England, thought the following scenario likely -- Cheney steps down; Bush, who clearly trusts Secretary Rice, appoints her VP to help position her for a 2008 Presidential Run.

          I would fully support such an effort in every way that I could. I met Dr. Rice once at a Stanford Law School panel on national security issues and was quite impressed. I taught her book in an International Relations Class in high school (a Jesuit Prep in San Jose). From what I understand, she's a big supporter of the US Marines, which I served in for 4 years before going on to teaching and law school. I would gladly take on a more active role as formal and informal organizations in support of her presidential bid grow -- public speaking, helping out with the legal issues (though I don't practice law now), etc.

          Janar Wasito

          At 11:00 AM 2/20/2005, you wrote:
          Interesting,  well if Cheney steps down and Ashcroft
          becomes VP it should not hurt Cindi's chances to run
          if however Ashcroft does not run for Pres if he does
          become VP...we'll have to wait and see...

          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
          90515.jpg

          Get unlimited calls to

          U.S./Canada
          []
          90582.jpg

          Yahoo! Groups Links
        • Janar Wasito
          Message 4 of 24 , Feb 20, 2005
            May I suggest extending invitations to this newsgroup to
            mreynolds@...
            thomasgrant2000@...

            At 11:00 AM 2/20/2005, you wrote:
            Interesting,  well if Cheney steps down and Ashcroft
            becomes VP it should not hurt Cindi's chances to run
            if however Ashcroft does not run for Pres if he does
            become VP...we'll have to wait and see...

            Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
            b1c5c.jpg

            Get unlimited calls to

            U.S./Canada
            []
            b1c9a.jpg

            Yahoo! Groups Links
          • presidentnext
            Message 5 of 24 , Feb 20, 2005
              Condi to replace Cheney next year?

              http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=42938

              ELECTION 2008
              Condi to replace Cheney next year?
              Report: Vice president likely to step down 'due to his
              health'
              1:00 a.m. Eastern
              © 2005 WorldNetDaily.com

              Vice President Dick Cheney likely will step down next
              year due to
              health reasons and be replaced by Secretary of State
              Condoleezza
              Rice, according to a report by geopolitical expert
              Jack Wheeler.

              On his website,
              http://www.tothepointnews.com/welcome.php?partner=WND
              To the Point, Wheeler reports there's a "red-breasted
              rumor bird"
              flying around Capitol Hill that has whispered the same
              thing to most
              congressional committee chairmen.

              "We all know that Dick Cheney has been the best vice
              president of
              modern times, perhaps in American history," one such
              chairman told
              Wheeler. "And we know that he absolutely will not run
              for president
              in 2008. Further, he has an unfortunate history of
              heart trouble. So
              let's just say none of us will be surprised if,
              sometime next year,
              he will step down from the vice presidency due to his
              health."

              Continued the source: "Should this happen, President
              Bush would need
              to appoint his replacement, just as Richard Nixon
              chose Gerald Ford
              to replace Spiro Agnew. It is quite clear to us whom
              the president
              would choose should he need to: Condoleezza Rice."

              Wheeler goes on to analyze what such a scenario would
              mean for the
              2008 presidential election.

              Writes Wheeler: "Being a sitting vice president places
              Condi in an
              impregnable position for the GOP nomination in 2008
              and sucks every
              breath of wind from Hillary's sails. Historically,
              it's hard for a
              party to keep the White House after they've had it for
              eight years.
              This is George Bush and Dick Cheney's way to buck
              history – and make
              it."

              Serving as Bush's national security adviser during his
              first term,
              Rice took over the State Department last month.

              --- In rice-for-president@yahoogroups.com, K Hackney
              <chuffedgirl@y...> wrote:
              > Interesting, well if Cheney steps down and Ashcroft
              > becomes VP it should not hurt Cindi's chances to run
              > if however Ashcroft does not run for Pres if he does
              > become VP...we'll have to wait and see...

              http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com
            • K Hackney
              Message 6 of 24 , Feb 20, 2005
                Blimey!!! Hadn't seen that in print before! Well I
                tell you what...they Democrats would loose there
                comfortable support from the African Americans by
                quite a hefty percentage, no dobut...guarantee a win
                for Condi!

                ---------------------------------

                <chuffedgirl@y...> wrote:
                > Interesting, well if Cheney steps down and Ashcroft
                > becomes VP it should not hurt Cindi's chances to run
                > if however Ashcroft does not run for Pres if he does
                > become VP...we'll have to wait and see...

                > ALL-NEW Yahoo! Messenger - all new features - even
                more fun!
                http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com

                Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
                Get unlimited calls to

                U.S./Canada

                Terms of Service.

              • Oneirongoing@aol.com
                Message 7 of 24 , Feb 20, 2005
                  I agree with the person who said that Condi would step in and take over V.P. duties (maybe even this year) and then Cheney will be on Staff as a tactical advisor to Pres Bush.  She would tear apart any candidate the Democrats run, especially Hillary, as she is so far ahead in knowledge of National Security and now as Secy of State is cementing her relationships with many of our true allies.
                  She is perfect
                  Ken Going, as I said in the end of 2003
                • Alex Williams
                  Message 8 of 24 , Feb 20, 2005
                    I TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOU KEN!!! Condi is READY for anything that comes her way!! Hillary isnt even a stumbling block!!!
                                                                                         ALEX

                    http://mail.yahoo.com

                  • Oneirongoing@aol.com
                    Message 9 of 24 , Feb 20, 2005
                      Ashcroft will never get the Nomination as he has upset a lot of rank and file.  Plus it is about time we here in AZ dump Mc Cain, since he is always courting up to Hillary  Ken Going
                    • MIKE ABERNATHY
                      Message 10 of 24 , Feb 20, 2005
                        I agree with that.
                        Mike in kansas

                        Message 11 of 24 , Feb 20, 2005
                          I agree also, God help us if Hillary gets elected.
                          Mike in Kansas

                          Message 12 of 24 , Feb 20, 2005
                            McCain's outspoken criticism of Rumsfeld's Department of Defense is probably not lost on George Bush. George Bush is the individual with the power to annoint the next President through the scenario of promoting Condi from SecState to VP. Ashcroft is dead in the water given his political negatives.

                            Much remains to be seen, both in how the geopolitical issues shape up in the coming years, and how the domestic issues shape up, but I think Condi is the right person at the right time for the country in '08. I think this groundswell will gather force quickly.

                            Probably best not to focus so much on the negatives of the contenders, like Hillary, but to focus on the positives that Rice brings to the table. Going from SecState to VP in the next 3 years could go a long way towards answering any possible criticisms of her from almost any point of view in positioning for a Presidential Run in 08. Perhaps most important, she will be in the loop on international/ diplomatic/ geopolitical issues from the point of view of the Executive Branch -- so her stepping in will give us continuity that will be very important in a potentially hostile world with an ongoing war.

                            Message 13 of 24 , Feb 20, 2005
                              it would be hell mike!!! HAHAHA

                              Message 14 of 24 , Feb 20, 2005
                                why are you acting like dirty tricks and untruths are the exclusive
                                provinces of the Republicans? Do you honestly believe the Democrats
                                are beyond reproach? Criticize the future President Rice all you like
                                but if you major beef is that she "lied" then I think you should take a
                                cold hard look at what politics is all about in America.
                                On Feb 20, 2005, at 11:58 PM, Lee Lee wrote:

                                > --- Oneirongoing@... wrote:
                                >

                                > > Plus it is about time we here in AZ dump Mc
                                > > Cain, since he is always
                                > > courting up to Hillary  Ken Going
                                >

                                > ...dont forget his  black baby!

                                > Service.

                                http://progressiveconservatism.blogspot.com/

                                http://pantslessaggressionmusic.blogspot.com/
                              • K Hackney
                                Message 15 of 24 , Feb 20, 2005
                                  You are a sad little loser...go away and pick your
                                  boogies... AZ man

                                • MIKE ABERNATHY
                                  Message 16 of 24 , Feb 21, 2005
                                    and your point being.  Ted Kennedy does it every day.
                                    > I TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOU KEN!!! Condi is READY for
                                    > anything that comes her way!! Hillary isnt even a
                                    > stumbling block!!!
                                    >
                                    >                 ALEX
                                    >
                                    > Oneirongoing@... wrote:
                                    > I agree with the person who said that Condi would
                                    > step in and take over V.P. duties (maybe even this
                                    > year) and then Cheney will be on Staff as a tactical
                                    > advisor to Pres Bush.  She would tear apart any
                                    > candidate the Democrats run, especially Hillary, as
                                    > she is so far ahead in knowledge of National
                                    > Security and now as Secy of State is cementing her
                                    > relationships with many of our true allies.
                                    > She is perfect
                                    > Ken Going, as I said in the end of 2003

                                    > Yahoo! Terms of Service.

                                    > protection around
                                    > http://mail.yahoo.com

                                    http://info.mail.yahoo.com/mail_250

                                  • Ross
                                    Message 17 of 24 , Feb 21, 2005
                                      Lee Lee's point being, only a conservatives lie, liberals only
                                      nuance.

                                      --- In rice-for-president@yahoogroups.com, "MIKE ABERNATHY"
                                      <corona11@c...> wrote:
                                      > and your point being. Ted Kennedy does it every day.

                                      of Service.
                                    • MIKE ABERNATHY
                                      Message 18 of 24 , Feb 21, 2005
                                        And a liberal never lies, oh are you misinformed.  I suggest when you wake up tomorrow you open your eyes, then let your mind absorb what is really going on.

                                        <corona11@c...> wrote:
                                        > and your point being.  Ted Kennedy does it every day.

                                        of Service.

                                      • Ross
                                        Message 19 of 24 , Feb 21, 2005
                                          Mike, I don't think you saw the sarcasim in my explaining Lee Lee's
                                          position. As for seeing what is going on, I am disturbed by the
                                          lack of "Constitutional Correctness". I hope Condi can bring that
                                          back, I know it would NEVER happen from the left.

                                          <corona11@c...> wrote:
                                          > And a liberal never lies, oh are you misinformed. I suggest when
                                          you wake up tomorrow you open your eyes, then let your mind absorb
                                          what is really going on.

                                          Terms
                                          > of Service.
                                          >

                                          > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
                                          >
                                          > Get unlimited calls to
                                          >
                                          > U.S./Canada

                                          of Service.
                                        • Ken Hamilton
                                          Message 20 of 24 , Feb 21, 2005
                                            Lee Lee, you are on a message list supporting Rice for President for what reason?

                                            Ken Hamilton

                                            I'm a Condista!
                                            Custom Smiley

                                              and your point being.  Ted Kennedy does it every day.
                                              > I TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOU KEN!!! Condi is READY for
                                              > anything that comes her way!! Hillary isnt even a
                                              > stumbling block!!!
                                              >
                                              >                 ALEX
                                              >
                                              > Oneirongoing@... wrote:
                                              > I agree with the person who said that Condi would
                                              > step in and take over V.P. duties (maybe even this
                                              > year) and then Cheney will be on Staff as a tactical
                                              > advisor to Pres Bush.  She would tear apart any
                                              > candidate the Democrats run, especially Hillary, as
                                              > she is so far ahead in knowledge of National
                                              > Security and now as Secy of State is cementing her
                                              > relationships with many of our true allies.
                                              > She is perfect
                                              > Ken Going, as I said in the end of 2003

                                              > Yahoo! Terms of Service.

                                              > protection around
                                              > http://mail.yahoo.com

                                            • MIKE ABERNATHY
                                              Message 22 of 24 , Feb 21, 2005
                                                Forgive me.  I see what you mean now.  Lets get Condi on the road to the next election.  Just hope she will do it.