Thanks for the invite!

  • chuffedgirl
    Message 1 of 24 , Feb 20, 2005
      I am proud to be a part of this group and appreciate the support from
      across the pond by astute individuals as Peter Dow. The Brits are
      busy bashing the US so a group like this would have only been started
      by a Scot...very cool!

      Kathrynne
    • romeros@nyc.rr.com
      Message 2 of 24 , Feb 20, 2005
        I really hope she would consider, word is that Cheney may step down due to health conditions and there's
        a mention of John Ashcroft in the horizon ??? either way, I won't be disappointed.

        Louis
        I am proud to be a part of this group and appreciate the support from
        across the pond by astute individuals as Peter Dow.  The Brits are
        busy bashing the US so a group like this would have only been started
        by a Scot...very cool!

        Kathrynne

        DonorsChoose. A simple way to provide underprivileged children resources
        often lacking in public schools. Fund a student project in NYC/NC today!
        http://us.click.yahoo.com/EHLuJD/.WnJAA/cUmLAA/M8eslB/TM

            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      • K Hackney
        Message 3 of 24 , Feb 20, 2005
          Interesting, well if Cheney steps down and Ashcroft
          becomes VP it should not hurt Cindi's chances to run
          if however Ashcroft does not run for Pres if he does
          become VP...we'll have to wait and see...

        • Janar Wasito
          Message 4 of 24 , Feb 20, 2005
            Hello,

            One of my college classmates and friends, now a junior professor at Cambridge University, England, thought the following scenario likely -- Cheney steps down; Bush, who clearly trusts Secretary Rice, appoints her VP to help position her for a 2008 Presidential Run.

            I would fully support such an effort in every way that I could. I met Dr. Rice once at a Stanford Law School panel on national security issues and was quite impressed. I taught her book in an International Relations Class in high school (a Jesuit Prep in San Jose). From what I understand, she's a big supporter of the US Marines, which I served in for 4 years before going on to teaching and law school. I would gladly take on a more active role as formal and informal organizations in support of her presidential bid grow -- public speaking, helping out with the legal issues (though I don't practice law now), etc.

            Janar Wasito

            At 11:00 AM 2/20/2005, you wrote:
            Interesting,  well if Cheney steps down and Ashcroft
            becomes VP it should not hurt Cindi's chances to run
            if however Ashcroft does not run for Pres if he does
            become VP...we'll have to wait and see...

            Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
            90515.jpg

            Get unlimited calls to

            U.S./Canada
            []
            90582.jpg

            Yahoo! Groups Links
          • Janar Wasito
            Message 5 of 24 , Feb 20, 2005
              May I suggest extending invitations to this newsgroup to
              mreynolds@...
              thomasgrant2000@...

              At 11:00 AM 2/20/2005, you wrote:
              Interesting,  well if Cheney steps down and Ashcroft
              becomes VP it should not hurt Cindi's chances to run
              if however Ashcroft does not run for Pres if he does
              become VP...we'll have to wait and see...

              Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
              b1c5c.jpg

              Get unlimited calls to

              U.S./Canada
              []
              b1c9a.jpg

              Yahoo! Groups Links
            • presidentnext
              Message 6 of 24 , Feb 20, 2005
                Condi to replace Cheney next year?

                http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=42938

                ELECTION 2008
                Condi to replace Cheney next year?
                Report: Vice president likely to step down 'due to his
                health'
                1:00 a.m. Eastern
                © 2005 WorldNetDaily.com

                Vice President Dick Cheney likely will step down next
                year due to
                health reasons and be replaced by Secretary of State
                Condoleezza
                Rice, according to a report by geopolitical expert
                Jack Wheeler.

                On his website,
                http://www.tothepointnews.com/welcome.php?partner=WND
                To the Point, Wheeler reports there's a "red-breasted
                rumor bird"
                flying around Capitol Hill that has whispered the same
                thing to most
                congressional committee chairmen.

                "We all know that Dick Cheney has been the best vice
                president of
                modern times, perhaps in American history," one such
                chairman told
                Wheeler. "And we know that he absolutely will not run
                for president
                in 2008. Further, he has an unfortunate history of
                heart trouble. So
                let's just say none of us will be surprised if,
                sometime next year,
                he will step down from the vice presidency due to his
                health."

                Continued the source: "Should this happen, President
                Bush would need
                to appoint his replacement, just as Richard Nixon
                chose Gerald Ford
                to replace Spiro Agnew. It is quite clear to us whom
                the president
                would choose should he need to: Condoleezza Rice."

                Wheeler goes on to analyze what such a scenario would
                mean for the
                2008 presidential election.

                Writes Wheeler: "Being a sitting vice president places
                Condi in an
                impregnable position for the GOP nomination in 2008
                and sucks every
                breath of wind from Hillary's sails. Historically,
                it's hard for a
                party to keep the White House after they've had it for
                eight years.
                This is George Bush and Dick Cheney's way to buck
                history – and make
                it."

                Serving as Bush's national security adviser during his
                first term,
                Rice took over the State Department last month.

                --- In rice-for-president@yahoogroups.com, K Hackney
                <chuffedgirl@y...> wrote:
                > Interesting, well if Cheney steps down and Ashcroft
                > becomes VP it should not hurt Cindi's chances to run
                > if however Ashcroft does not run for Pres if he does
                > become VP...we'll have to wait and see...

                http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com
              • K Hackney
                Message 7 of 24 , Feb 20, 2005
                  Blimey!!! Hadn't seen that in print before! Well I
                  tell you what...they Democrats would loose there
                  comfortable support from the African Americans by
                  quite a hefty percentage, no dobut...guarantee a win
                  for Condi!

                  ---------------------------------

                  <chuffedgirl@y...> wrote:
                  > Interesting, well if Cheney steps down and Ashcroft
                  > becomes VP it should not hurt Cindi's chances to run
                  > if however Ashcroft does not run for Pres if he does
                  > become VP...we'll have to wait and see...

                  > ALL-NEW Yahoo! Messenger - all new features - even
                  more fun!
                  http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com

                  Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
                  Get unlimited calls to

                  U.S./Canada

                  Terms of Service.

                • Oneirongoing@aol.com
                  Message 8 of 24 , Feb 20, 2005
                    I agree with the person who said that Condi would step in and take over V.P. duties (maybe even this year) and then Cheney will be on Staff as a tactical advisor to Pres Bush.  She would tear apart any candidate the Democrats run, especially Hillary, as she is so far ahead in knowledge of National Security and now as Secy of State is cementing her relationships with many of our true allies.
                    She is perfect
                    Ken Going, as I said in the end of 2003
                  • Alex Williams
                    Message 9 of 24 , Feb 20, 2005
                      I TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOU KEN!!! Condi is READY for anything that comes her way!! Hillary isnt even a stumbling block!!!
                                                                                           ALEX

                      http://mail.yahoo.com

                    • Oneirongoing@aol.com
                      Message 10 of 24 , Feb 20, 2005
                        Ashcroft will never get the Nomination as he has upset a lot of rank and file.  Plus it is about time we here in AZ dump Mc Cain, since he is always courting up to Hillary  Ken Going
                      • MIKE ABERNATHY
                        Message 11 of 24 , Feb 20, 2005
                          I agree with that.
                          Mike in kansas

                          Message 12 of 24 , Feb 20, 2005
                            I agree also, God help us if Hillary gets elected.
                            Mike in Kansas

                            Message 13 of 24 , Feb 20, 2005
                              McCain's outspoken criticism of Rumsfeld's Department of Defense is probably not lost on George Bush. George Bush is the individual with the power to annoint the next President through the scenario of promoting Condi from SecState to VP. Ashcroft is dead in the water given his political negatives.

                              Much remains to be seen, both in how the geopolitical issues shape up in the coming years, and how the domestic issues shape up, but I think Condi is the right person at the right time for the country in '08. I think this groundswell will gather force quickly.

                              Probably best not to focus so much on the negatives of the contenders, like Hillary, but to focus on the positives that Rice brings to the table. Going from SecState to VP in the next 3 years could go a long way towards answering any possible criticisms of her from almost any point of view in positioning for a Presidential Run in 08. Perhaps most important, she will be in the loop on international/ diplomatic/ geopolitical issues from the point of view of the Executive Branch -- so her stepping in will give us continuity that will be very important in a potentially hostile world with an ongoing war.

                              Message 14 of 24 , Feb 20, 2005
                                it would be hell mike!!! HAHAHA

                                Message 15 of 24 , Feb 20, 2005
                                  why are you acting like dirty tricks and untruths are the exclusive
                                  provinces of the Republicans? Do you honestly believe the Democrats
                                  are beyond reproach? Criticize the future President Rice all you like
                                  but if you major beef is that she "lied" then I think you should take a
                                  cold hard look at what politics is all about in America.
                                  On Feb 20, 2005, at 11:58 PM, Lee Lee wrote:

                                  > --- Oneirongoing@... wrote:
                                  >

                                  > > Plus it is about time we here in AZ dump Mc
                                  > > Cain, since he is always
                                  > > courting up to Hillary  Ken Going
                                  >

                                  > ...dont forget his  black baby!

                                  > Service.

                                  http://progressiveconservatism.blogspot.com/

                                  http://pantslessaggressionmusic.blogspot.com/
                                • K Hackney
                                  Message 16 of 24 , Feb 20, 2005
                                    You are a sad little loser...go away and pick your
                                    boogies... AZ man

                                  • MIKE ABERNATHY
                                    Message 17 of 24 , Feb 21, 2005
                                      and your point being.  Ted Kennedy does it every day.
                                      > I TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOU KEN!!! Condi is READY for
                                      > anything that comes her way!! Hillary isnt even a
                                      > stumbling block!!!
                                      >
                                      >                 ALEX
                                      >
                                      > Oneirongoing@... wrote:
                                      > I agree with the person who said that Condi would
                                      > step in and take over V.P. duties (maybe even this
                                      > year) and then Cheney will be on Staff as a tactical
                                      > advisor to Pres Bush.  She would tear apart any
                                      > candidate the Democrats run, especially Hillary, as
                                      > she is so far ahead in knowledge of National
                                      > Security and now as Secy of State is cementing her
                                      > relationships with many of our true allies.
                                      > She is perfect
                                      > Ken Going, as I said in the end of 2003

                                      > Yahoo! Terms of Service.

                                      > protection around
                                      > http://mail.yahoo.com

                                      http://info.mail.yahoo.com/mail_250

                                    • Ross
                                      Message 18 of 24 , Feb 21, 2005
                                        Lee Lee's point being, only a conservatives lie, liberals only
                                        nuance.

                                        --- In rice-for-president@yahoogroups.com, "MIKE ABERNATHY"
                                        <corona11@c...> wrote:
                                        > and your point being. Ted Kennedy does it every day.

                                        of Service.
                                      • MIKE ABERNATHY
                                        Message 19 of 24 , Feb 21, 2005
                                          And a liberal never lies, oh are you misinformed.  I suggest when you wake up tomorrow you open your eyes, then let your mind absorb what is really going on.

                                          <corona11@c...> wrote:
                                          > and your point being.  Ted Kennedy does it every day.

                                          of Service.

                                        • Ross
                                          Message 20 of 24 , Feb 21, 2005
                                            Mike, I don't think you saw the sarcasim in my explaining Lee Lee's
                                            position. As for seeing what is going on, I am disturbed by the
                                            lack of "Constitutional Correctness". I hope Condi can bring that
                                            back, I know it would NEVER happen from the left.

                                            <corona11@c...> wrote:
                                            > And a liberal never lies, oh are you misinformed. I suggest when
                                            you wake up tomorrow you open your eyes, then let your mind absorb
                                            what is really going on.

                                            Terms
                                            > of Service.
                                            >

                                            > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
                                            >
                                            > Get unlimited calls to
                                            >
                                            > U.S./Canada

                                            of Service.
                                          • Ken Hamilton
                                            Message 21 of 24 , Feb 21, 2005
                                              Lee Lee, you are on a message list supporting Rice for President for what reason?

                                              Ken Hamilton

                                              I'm a Condista!
                                              Custom Smiley

                                                and your point being.  Ted Kennedy does it every day.
                                                > I TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOU KEN!!! Condi is READY for
                                                > anything that comes her way!! Hillary isnt even a
                                                > stumbling block!!!
                                                >
                                                >                 ALEX
                                                >
                                                > Oneirongoing@... wrote:
                                                > I agree with the person who said that Condi would
                                                > step in and take over V.P. duties (maybe even this
                                                > year) and then Cheney will be on Staff as a tactical
                                                > advisor to Pres Bush.  She would tear apart any
                                                > candidate the Democrats run, especially Hillary, as
                                                > she is so far ahead in knowledge of National
                                                > Security and now as Secy of State is cementing her
                                                > relationships with many of our true allies.
                                                > She is perfect
                                                > Ken Going, as I said in the end of 2003

                                                > Yahoo! Terms of Service.

                                                > protection around
                                                > http://mail.yahoo.com

                                              • MIKE ABERNATHY
                                                Message 23 of 24 , Feb 21, 2005
                                                  Forgive me.  I see what you mean now.  Lets get Condi on the road to the next election.  Just hope she will do it.