Time magazine (Europe) march 28

  • ldvanderendt
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 30, 2005
      Great article on Rice in Time magazine (Europe edition): "Condi on
      the rise.The new Secretary of State is dazzling audiences abroad--and
      outmaneuvering her rivals at home".
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 2, 2005
        http://www.time.com/time/archive/preview/0,10987,1039707,00.html

        That's a link I've found to a web page with a quote from the Time
        story (quote below) but it looks like you need to subscribe to Time
        Archive to read the full story.

        - Peter, group owner

        "Condi on the Rise
        The new Secretary of State is dazzling audiences abroad--and
        outmaneuvering her rivals at home
        By ELAINE SHANNON, MICHAEL DUFFY

        Mar. 28, 2005 Sometimes the hardest thing about being Secretary of
        State is managing relations with 191 other countries across the
        globe. And sometimes it's just making nice with three or four of your
        colleagues in the Cabinet. Colin Powell once told his British
        counterpart, Jack Straw, that intramural squabbling in Washington
        kept him from traveling. Every time he stepped onto an airplane to
        fly overseas, Powell said, someone in Washington stuck a knife in his
        back. A shiv in the ribs is one worry Condoleezza Rice doesn't have.
        As she flew across Asia last week in her latest overseas trip,
        holding private meetings..."

        --- In rice-for-president@yahoogroups.com, "ldvanderendt"