CBS asks Condoleezza Rice about her US education report, Iran and Afghanistan.

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 21, 2012

      CBS: Charlie Rose and Erica Hill interview Condoleezza Rice. VIDEO
      A new report by the Council on Foreign Relations sounds an alarm on the poor state of our nation's education system. Former Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice co-chaired the task force that released the report and she talks to Charlie Rose and Erica Hill about it. Condi is speaking from Washington, D.C. and being interviewed on a live video link for CBS by Charlie Rose and Erica Hill. Charlie starts by asking Condi about pro-football then onto the report. Condi says that the report makes the point that national security is broader than what you can do with your military but even there the US is falling short in education. 3 recommendations - 1. Common core standard skills. 2. Choices for poor parents. 3. Audit on progress. Then Charlie asks Condi about attacking Iran who says we cannot afford to let Iran get a nuclear weapon. Erica Hill asks Condi about repairing relations with Afghanistan. Condi says we need to remember what it was like under the Taliban and the progress we have made and we must keep our nerve.

      Condi videos on YouTube

      The Condoleezza Rice forum in the For Freedom Forums
      http://scot.tk/forum/viewforum.php?f=16