9/11: Condoleezza Rice kept her head and calmed the world (VIDEO)

    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 10, 2010

      9/11: Condoleezza Rice kept her head and calmed the world (VIDEO)
      Clip from a feature-length drama-documentary "9/11: State of Emergency" which tells the story of 9/11 in the words of key political and military leaders as well as ordinary people who suddenly found themselves on the frontlines of a new kind of war. Condoleezza Rice: "When the second plane went in, I knew it was a terrorist attack. When the plane into the Pentagon, I though it might be all out attacks, all over Washington, all over the United States.
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0SDtt5QUMg4

      Clip from a feature-length drama-documentary "9/11: State of Emergency" to be broadcast on British TV Channel 4 today, September 11, 2010, which tells the story of 9/11 in the words of key political and military leaders as well as ordinary people who suddenly found themselves on the frontlines of a new kind of war.

      In the chaos of the day, many people faced split-second decisions that they had never expected or planned for - and their actions could make the difference between life and death. Through a minute-by-minute investigation, this film tells the story of those whose choices would help shape the outcome of that fateful day.

      Transcript of this video clip featuring Condoleezza Rice.

      Condoleezza Rice: "When the second plane went in, I knew it was a terrorist attack. When the plane into the Pentagon, I though it might be all out attacks, all over Washington, all over the United States.

      The Secret Service came in and they said 'You have got to go to the bunker'.

      I remember just being driven along, almost propelled along. We had no idea where it was safe and where it wasn't. We didn't think the bunker of the White House was safe at that point."

      Commentary: 100 feet below ground, Rice joins Vice President Dick Cheney and other senior officials, all struggling to understand the scale of the crisis.

      Condoleezza Rice: Norm Mineta, the Transportation Secretary, was tracking tail numbers of aircraft on a yellow pad. He's calling out, he's saying 'What happened to 671? What happened to 123? And he's trying to make sense of what's going on.

      My first thought was - get a message out to the world that the United States of America has not been decapitated. These pictures must have been terrifying and that it must have seemed that the United States was coming apart?

      My test was to keep my head about me and to make certain that people around the world didn't panic."

      Rice for President Yahoo Group

      "Condoleezza Rice for President in 2012. Join this group of supporters from everywhere on the world wide web."

    • C.D.Hoit
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 11, 2010
        Just one more example of the high quality lady. She "gets it".