Rudy Giuliani VS Condi Rice for the 2012 Republican Nomination for President

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 3, 2009
      A recent poll of Americans shows Rudy Giuliani at 32% support 5% ahead  of Condoleezza Rice at 27% support for a good Republican President in 2012.

      Mike Huckabee at 28% polls well too coming 2nd just 1% ahead of Condi as well but I don't have the dirt on Huckabee like I have on Giuliani so here it is.

      Kerik indicted: Godfather Giuliani's mafia-run NY police
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pt4Nh1BjPAw

      - Peter Dow
      Group Owner, Rice for President Yahoo Group

      Republicans Say Palin Would Be Good President

      (Angus Reid Global Monitor) - Former Alaska governor Sarah Palin is a popular option for the 2012 presidential election in the United States amongst Republican Party supporters, according to a poll by Angus Reid Public Opinion. 47 per cent of GOP voters think Palin would be a good president.

      Palin is tied for second place with former New York mayor Rudy Giuliani. Former Arkansas governor Mike Huckabee is the preferred candidate with 49 per cent.

      Former state secretary Condoleezza Rice is fourth with 37 per cent, followed by former Massachusetts Governor Mitt Romney with 32 per cent, former House speaker Newt Gingrich with 28 per cent, and Texas congressman Ron Paul with 24 per cent. Support is lower for current Louisiana governor Bobby Jindal, current Minnesota governor Tim Pawlenty, current Republican National Committee (RNC) chairman Michael Steele, and current New Mexico governor Gary Johnson.

      Amongst the general population, Giuliani leads with 32 per cent, followed by Huckabee with 28 per cent, Rice with 27 per cent, Palin with 24 per cent, Romney with 21 per cent, and Paul with 18 per cent.

      In American elections, candidates require 270 votes in the Electoral College to win the White House. In November 2008, Democratic nominee Barack Obama secured a majority of electoral votes, defeating Republican candidate John McCain. On Jan. 20, Obama became the first African American president in U.S. history.

      Last month, Palin said in a televised interview that a run for the presidency in 2012 is "not on my radar screen right now." Huckabee discussed his own chances, saying, "It’s hard to say. A lot of it depends on how the elections turn out next year. (...) I would have to see that the Republicans would be willing to unite behind me."
      Polling Data
      Several politicians have been mentioned as possible presidential candidates for the Republican Party in 2012. For each of these politicians, please say whether you think they would make a good president or a bad president. - "Good president" listed

      All
      Rep.
      Rudy Giuliani
      32%
      47%
      Mike Huckabee
      28%
      49%
      Condoleezza Rice
      27%
      37%
      Sarah Palin
      24%
      47%
      Mitt Romney
      21%
      32%
      Ron Paul
      18%
      24%
      Newt Gingrich
      16%
      28%
      Tim Pawlenty
      6%
      10%
      Bobby Jindal
      9%
      14%
      Michael Steele
      4%
      7%
      Gary Johnson
      3%
      4%
      Source: Angus Reid Public Opinion
      Methodology: Online interviews with 1,000 Canadian adults, conducted on Nov. 17 and Nov. 18, 2009. Margin of error is 2.2 per cent.

      Rice for President Yahoo Group

      "Condoleezza Rice for President in 2012. Join this group of supporters from everywhere on the world wide web."