USA TODAY: 'Fitness' profiles Condi the gym rat.

    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 2, 2008
      'Fitness' profiles Condi the gym rat

      Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice lifts weights under the watchful eye of her trainer, Thomas Tomlo, at the State Department gym.

      WASHINGTON (AP) — Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice says she realizes few other people are willing to rise at 4:30 a.m. to get in a daily workout.

      "That's my own particular strangeness," says the gym rat diplomat.

      Actually, some days it's 4 a.m., and she considers 40 minutes on an elliptical exercise machine a "light cardio" day. She adds a tough regimen with weights on those wimpy days, under the tutelage of a hardbody trainer.

      "Like everybody, I get up some mornings and think, 'I can't do it.' And then I think, 'Sure you can, because you won't feel as alert if you don't,"' Rice said in an interview with Fitness magazine.

      Tennis player Billie Jean King was an early sports hero, she said, and basketball legend Michael Jordan "probably the most beautiful athlete of all time."

      Rice gave the muscle mag a glimpse of her weekly weight session in the State Department gym, including photographs of the top-ranked woman in the Bush administration grimacing under a weight bar and doing crunches while her trainer stands on her feet.

      Known for a keen fashion sense that runs to Armani and Ferragamo, she is pictured wearing lavender gym shorts and sneakers.

      Peter Dow comments -

      I've only seen that one photograph above. No sign of an photograph of Condi in said lavender gym shorts. I wonder if they are tight? Perhaps some good person will scan the photos in from FItness Magazine?

      Hmmm... Lavender....  Billie Jean King .....  Working out ....

      I'm thinking "Butch"!

      But seriously, is Condi dropping a hint that she is fit for higher office, ie. Vice President, in 2009?

      Perhaps Condi is asking - "look do you really want a butch VP?"

      Yes, Condi. Yes we do - so long as that butch VP is you.

      Sent from Yahoo! Mail.
      A Smarter Inbox.
    • CDHoit
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 2, 2008

        Fit in mind, fit in body…………….

        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 4, 2008
          MSNBC came good with the photos. Maybe there are more to come?

          and a couple more here

          Image: Rice works out

          - Peter Dow
          Owner, Rice for President Yahoo Group

          Fit in mind, fit in body…………….

[...]

          Yahoo! for Good helps you make a difference

          Message 4 of 4 , May 8, 2008
            Someone scanned in the Fitness Magazine article and it is now available as a download pdf file.

            New group link in
            Folder We love Condi Rice.
            Had enough of dry politics for now? Then here's the folder for links of love and laughter - poems, pictures, valentines, music, songs and comedy sketch videos all about our beloved Condi. Smile with Condi and the world smiles with you!

            Madame Secretary Shows Her Muscle
            Fitness Magazine. May 2008. Scanned image as a pdf file download
            http://blog.syracuse.com/healthfitness/2008/04/FI0508CONDI.pdf

            Source this blog page -

            Source LA Times Blogs

            Peter Dow <peterdow@...> wrote:
            MSNBC came good with the photos. Maybe there are more to come?

            and a couple more here

            Image: Rice works out

            - Peter Dow
            Owner, Rice for President Yahoo Group

            Fit in mind, fit in body…………….

[...]

            Yahoo! For Good. Give and get cool things for free, reduce waste and help our planet. Plus findhidden Yahoo! treasure