2 books - "Twice as good" & "The Confidante"

    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 17, 2007
      New group links -

      Well I can't recommend either of those books as I've not read either and the review of the books didn't impress me so I'm not linking to the review.

      - Peter Dow,
      Owner, Rice for President Yahoo Group

      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 20, 2007
        (reposted as there seemed to be a problem with the left margin)

        Well as I said below, I didn't read "The Confidante", but from all the gossip on the blogs this past week, it would appear to be naming someone as a possibly in, or was in, or something, a lesbian relationship with Condi.

        I picked this rumour up when someone commented on one of my Condi YouTube channels.

        This is the lady named -

        Randy Bean, MA
        Randy Bean
        Executive Producer
        Documentaries and Television Projects

        Address
        rbean @ stanford.edu

        Wallenberg Hall

        Stanford, California, 94305-2130

        Research Interests
        Randy oversees the creation, production and distribution of Center content in the video format. She is an experienced producer,director and writer, having worked for public television stations and network news divisions. She was a Knight Fellow at Stanford, and has worked at the University in a variety of executive producer roles since 1996.
        Randy Bean is executive producer for documentaries and special television projects at Stanford University. She serves as a consultant on media and communications for the SCL, and oversees the creation, production and distribution of Center content, in video and other formats. Bean is an award-winning documentary filmmaker and experienced broadcast journalist. She worked as a producer with Bill Moyers at WNET in New York, and covered major news stories for both ABC News and NBC News in their Washington bureaus. She came to Stanford as a Knight Professional Journalism Fellow, and moved to California to be a staff producer, director and writer of current affairs programs and investigative documentaries at KQED in San Francisco. She founded the Stanford Channel in 1995 and managed its operations until 2001. She has worked as writer and executive producer on a number of broadcast-quality Stanford productions, including Becoming Stanford: The Making of an American University, Seizing Power: The Steel Seizure Case Re-visited, The Stanford Presidency and A World of Change: The International Initiative at Stanford University. Her latest Stanford production, "What Were They Thinking?" Originalism, Music and the Constitution, will air on public television in Spring 2007. Bean attended Northwestern University and has a B.A. with special honors in political science from the George Washington University.

        Here is a google search showing some of the chatter -

        Anyway, IF it is true, doesn't it mean that Condi is BI-sexual, considering that relationship with Rick Upchurch in the 1970s?

        Still, considering all the offers Condi gets from men, and from rich and powerful American men - not just ordinary fans abroad like me - one has to wonder if perhaps Condi prefers women to men?

        Well so what? I'm not put off having a bi-sexual or lesbian President of the United States of America and leader of the free world. It doesn't change Condi's ability to do the job, does it?

        Actually, some men like me find the likes of lesbian pornography which is produced for the pleasure of lonely men like me, quite a turn on.

        In fact, I wrote a fantasy based on Condi and Michelle Kwan which I thought was too hot for this group and I posted it elsewhere, but maybe I'll dig it out and post it here, if Condi-as-a-lesbian is being discussed generally.

        OK, so my serenading Condi on the internet is not going anywhere, but I can't help how I feel, and who I love. My love for Condi is unconditional,  and it can't just be forgotten, just because Condi prefers to bed a woman, if that is the case.

        Or maybe it is all just a rumour, gossip, whatever?

        Hey, maybe the media will ask Condi about it sometime? Sounds like a question Katie Couric could ask Condi about?

          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 8, 2007
            'NYT' Reporter's Condi Book Will Reveal 'Conflicts' With Cheney

            By Joe Strupp

            Published: November 07, 2007 11:10 AM ET
            NEW YORK Condoleezza Rice's relationship with Vice President Dick Cheney in recent years was "much more conflict-driven than we have been led to believe," according to Elisabeth Bumiller of The New York Times, who has just finished a biography of the secretary of state.

            "There was much more conflict on the Middle East and detainees and on Guantanamo Bay than has been written," Bumiller, who returned to the Times D.C. bureau in September after a 15-month leave, tells E&P. "There had been disagreements over those and a little leading up to Iraq. But it is clear she was behind the war."

            The book, being published by Random House, is due out in December.

            Bumiller, who had covered the White House for five years before her leave in June 2006, is now a general assignment reporter, with no firm plans for her next long-term beat.

            The veteran reporter said she had eight, one-hour interviews with Rice for the biography, adding "she was very cooperative." She also spoke with Colin Powell, but was denied interviews with President Bush, Cheney, and former Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld. "I also drew from two lengthy interviews I had done with her for The New York Times," she adds. "Most of that had not been printed."

            The book "is her life from her childhood in Birmingham until now, and the first half looks at Alabama and her life up until 2000," she says. "More than half of the book is about her past seven years, 2000 to 2007 and it looks at her years at the White House."

            Declining to reveal too much from the book, titled "Condoleezza Rice: An American Life," Bumiller said "there is a lot of stuff about her relationship with the president that was interesting." She adds that she found Rice to be "more human, someone who has made mistakes. She spent part of her college years floundering. She wasn't a brilliant student."

            Bumiller also looked at her time as Stanford University provost, saying, "she got into a real tangle with women and minorities and a real conflict with factions out there."

            Saying her book leave ended up being three months longer than planned, Bumiller explained she spent nine months of the time as a scholar at the Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars working on the project, as well as three months at the German Marshall Fund of the United States.

            "One of the reasons I wrote the book is it is also 50 years of astounding history," she says.

            Bumiller is the third newspaper reporter this year to pen a Rice book, joining fellow Times scribe Marcus Mabry and Glenn Kessler of The Washington Post.

            Joe Strupp (jstrupp@...) is a senior editor at E&P.

            Links referenced within this article

            jstrupp@...
            http://www.editorandpublisher.com/eandp/news/mailto:jstrupp@...

            Peter Dow comments

            Another Condi book on the way it seems.

            What I want to see though is "CONDI, The Movie"

            Well we've seen plenty of pretend "movie posters" - see the photo albums -
            like some of the photos in this group album
            or this album

            it is about time we had a real Condi movie to go and see. Movie ideas - have Condi playing herself using real news etc video - plus if necessary an actress to do re-enactments of key meetings/events when the cameras were not there - especially events in Condi's far past. I mean we can't have a, is it, 52? year old Condi playing Condi aged 8, or 18, or 28, can we?

            As for Cheney - well we long-time Condistas always wanted a Bush-Rice ticket in 2004. A VP Rice would have set Condi nicely up for a run for president next year. Shame it never happened.

            Oh well, I'm still hoping for a miracle.  I'm not giving up on 2008 altogether until about April 2008.