New poll for rice-for-president

  • rice-for-president@yahoogroups.com
    Message 1 of 30 , Aug 14, 2007
      rice-for-president group:

      Should we ever clone humans? Clone Condi?

      o No. We should never clone any human even Condi. Nature sometimes produces natural clones - identical twins - that is enough - no more clones.
      o Yes we might consider cloning humans one day - but we should never clone Condi - you can have too much of a good thing!
      o Yes we should clone humans one day - and Condi would be a good person to clone!

      web site listed above.

      Thanks!
    • Eric and Kathy Craft
      Message 2 of 30 , Aug 17, 2007
        Okay, that's twice in 24 hours that I have got this e-mail and followed the link to the polls to find that this poll was not there.  The only open poll is some silly nonsense about cloning Condi.

        Eric...

        rice-for-president@yahoogroups.com wrote:
        Enter your vote today!  A new poll has been created for the
        rice-for-president group:

        How about Condi and Fred? Rice and Thompson could be an unbeatable team>

          o Condi for Pres - Fred for VP
          o Fred for Pres - Condi for VP

        web site listed above.

        Thanks!

        Message 3 of 30 , Aug 17, 2007
          Sorry Eric,

          Apologies to everyone about that. I sent Davyd a private email to him via the Group's message facility  - I've no idea if he got it or not.

          Davyd posted the poll (twice) with the option of "Fred for Pres" - I deleted that poll as contrary to the Rice-for-President spirit of the group.

          Then again I can't blame Davyd really because he was maybe just copying the previous poll by regallsports07 (again I deleted that one), which offered Biden for President and hinted at Dole as options.

          regallsports07 joined just on the August 15th and has now left the group the next day in a huff because I deleted his poll. Maybe he came here to promote Elizabeth Dole or Biden - I don't know - but he has gone anyway.
          So for the avoidance of doubt, I'll delete any poll which offers a choice of anyone but Condi for President. This is a Rice for President group and all polls at least should not contradict that aim.

          Now, there is a legitimate question as to who Condi should choose as her running mate for VP if or when she gets the GOP nomination.

          Previously we have run a poll on choice for VP but if anyone wants to run another such poll - on you go.

          As for cloning Condi - well Eric you are entitled to express your opinion on that and vote or not as you choose. I don't think it is silly - perhaps it is a slightly premature debate because human cloning (apart from natural cloning, or identical twins) is not possible or legal at the moment, so far as I know.

          But as a scientist, I know the technology is going to allow human cloning as a possibility any time soon. It is a debate which is coming, but there is no need for us to spend any time on that - we have more important work to do.

          - Peter Dow
          Owner, Rice for President Yahoo Group

          Eric and Kathy Craft <thecrafts@...> wrote:
          Okay, that's twice in 24 hours that I have got this e-mail and followed the link to the polls to find that this poll was not there.  The only open poll is some silly nonsense about cloning Condi.

          Eric...

          rice-for-president@ yahoogroups. com wrote:
          Enter your vote today!  A new poll has been created for the   rice-for-president group:    How about Condi and Fred? Rice and Thompson could be an unbeatable team>       o Condi for Pres - Fred for VP     o Fred for Pres - Condi for VP       To vote, please visit the following web page:  http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/rice- for-president/ surveys?id= 2558985     Note: Please do not reply to this message. Poll votes are   not collected via email. To vote, you must go to the Yahoo! Groups   web site listed above.    Thanks!

        • C.D.Hoit
          Message 4 of 30 , Aug 17, 2007
            Peter,

            I was not copying anybody. What are you afraid of? That someone might actually think it was a good idea to get Condi into the White House in any way we can? VP's have an inside track to becoming President, if you'll study US history.  In the view of free speech, you continue to cannibalize Condi with trashy pictures. I repeat, NO ONE will take us seriously if we ourselves do not take Condi seriously. And, I got no email from you regarding the polls. "scuze me :)

            Davyd

              Message 6 of 30 , Aug 18, 2007
                rice-for-president group:

                Political satirical TV shows such as �The Daily Show� with Jon Stewart are watched by millions of Americans so candidates for President and authors do like to appear for interview to promote their campaign or book. Isn�t it about time our Condi started accepting some invitations to appear on such satirical or political chat shows?

                o Yes - Condi should take �the seat of heat� to answer questions on American foreign policy and to take the opportunity to drop hints that she might allow herself to be drafted to become a candidate for President maybe in 2008, perhaps not until 2012, but sometime maybe.
                o No � Condi, winner of the Woman of Valor award, who has braved bullet and bomb in Iraq, is too chicken to risk being asked disrespectful questions about Iraq or her love life. Why should she help the Draft Condi movement by appearing on such shows and making it look like she is running for President, even if she says she isn�t (yet)? She should leave good Condistas to do all the hard campaigning � she is much too busy being Secretary of State to worry about what happens in 2009.

                web site listed above.

                Thanks!
              • C.D.Hoit
                Message 7 of 30 , Aug 18, 2007