Jon Stewart is supporting Giuliani for the Republican Nomination [was: She's not President Rice (yet) but we kiss up to her bush! MUSIC VIDEO]

    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 14, 2007
      Davyd,

      Thanks for replying Davyd - this group has been so quiet recently that maybe a wee bit of controversy which can stimulate a debate might be a good thing?
      I should point out that the video is a compilation of photo-edited (photoshopped) images produced by many different artists - so what we are seeing is a spectrum of how different people see Condi, or want to portray her.

      As I think I have said in a recent post - the fact that this group can allow various viewpoints - even some as you say apparently "just plain raunchy and disrespectful" - goes to prove our democratic, pro-free speech credentials.

      Why does that matter?

      Well America loves freedom more than anything. Take the influence of shows like "The Daily Show" with Jon Stewart. It is hard to think of a more disrespectful but influential show.

      One week Jon Stewart says "Rudy Giuliani eats terrorists" and the next week Giuliani is leading the republican polls by a wide margin. Coincidence? No. Jon Stewart is going to decide who the next president is, if anyone is - unless some very wealth person spends millions on destroying the reputation of Jon Stewart, he will call it.

      Satire gets 100s of times more viewers than serious politics - check out "Condi Rice raps" video 2 MILLION VIEWS! That's where the voters are taking their lead 99 times out of 100 - from the satirists. I don't like it, but it seems to be the case.

      Now the fact that Rudy Giuliani doesn't eat terrorists - in fact Giuliani is incredibly soft and allowing of terrorism - counts for nothing with the likes of Jon Stewart.

      Stewart is a complete fool who doesn't realise that Giuliani's undemocratic record of zero-tolerance for democratic protest - remember the way Giuliani's police arrested New York firefighters for protesting to "Bring our brothers home" at Ground Zero - is the very fact that allows terrorism to succeed.

      Imagine firefighters protesting in New York before 9/11 to make the twin towers more resistant to fire - Giuliani would have arrested them the same way.

      Imagine safety campaigners protesting before 9/11 at JFK airport to have secure cockpits on airplanes. Giuliani would have had them arrested the same way.

      Etc. etc.

      Giuliani is a undemocratic fascist - pretending to be a liberal to appeal to ignorant clowns like Jon Stewart.

      Now we Condistas need to show the likes of Jon Stewart that WE are the ones who like a laugh and are for even disrespectful comments - but in addition - we are the ones who have the democratic credentials which can defeat terrorism - and Giuliani is just a fraud.

      So that is why we need to allow and even promote videos like the one I just posted.

      If you think this was controversial, then I have an even more controversial post coming up soon! Watch this space!

      - Peter Dow,
      Owner, Rice for President Yahoo Group

      "C.D.Hoit" <cdhoit@...> wrote:
      Some of it IS humorous Peter, but IMHO, most of it is just plain raunchy and disrespectful. How do you expect anyone to take us seriously with this sort of Schtuff on the website? Hmmm?

      Davyd

      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 14, 2007
        Hi Peter,

        Jon Stewart does not have that kind of power.  He has no more say about who will win in 2008 than the 1/2 Hour News Hour does.

        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F49e64yq8lI
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRxFjf40xbI
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KBQUZCb43ac

        Satire is however good for bringing some issues to light.

        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7pGt_O1uM8
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3kUD6W8QaQ
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fag-us5QQBU
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOqorhAzIIQ
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cv-HNakadIw
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZeX48vwvKw0
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AzbHV3DepJI&mode=related&search=

        However the 1/2 Hour News Hour does occasionally have some serious commentary.

        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eD_-li0ofjw
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lrPzJefMecQ

        Jon Stewart is but one of many shows that stick their nose into politics.

        Eric...
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 14, 2007
          Thanks for those video links Eric,

          Some good points on gun control and the ACLU. Though nothing on who should get the GOP nomination for President.

          Well Jon Stewart and the Daily Show has the power to be broadcast on British terrestrial digital TV ("Freeview") - OK no votes in Britain apart from Americans abroad.

          Whereas I've never seen the half-hour news show from Fox broadcast here. Maybe it is available on satellite in Britain, but not for me as I don't have satellite.

          I supposed I liked this one President Rush El Presidente on holiday because of the girls in bikinis
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KBQUZCb43ac
          - though with Condi we get brains as well as beauty.

          The point is, Condi really needs some satirists fighting for her to stay in the race - and maybe she hasn't declared as a candidate because none of the satirists were encouraging her to express an interest?

          I think Fox are absolutely right to join battle with the 1/2 hour news show but I don't know which of the republican possible candidates Fox guys are supporting - maybe they are still making their minds up like most folks.

          Giuliani is out in front for a reason - and it isn't because he is better than Bush or Condi in the war on terror because he isn't GIULIANI IS WORSE! There isn't anybody better than Condi  - how many times must I say that?

          I guess Giuliani is out in front because anyway the balance of satirists are favouring Giulaini for the republican nomination, as per Jon Stewart's "Giuliani eats terrorists" remark?

          Someone like Giuliani who arrests firefighters for caring about the bravest of the brave victims of terrorists I believe is going to be FUCKING USELESS in the war on terror, but that is just me.

          If it is President Giuliani, the war on terror would require him to be impeached as the number one task.

          If Giuliani gets the GOP nomination, even though he would get Condi's support as the GOP candidate, he would not get my support and maybe not the support of other Condistas.

          Some of us may well support the Democrat candidate in preference to someone like Giuliani who arrests firefighters.