Re: Why support Frist?

  • Ken Hamilton
    Message 1 of 17 , Mar 6, 2005
      I think we should support Governor Pawlenty for vice president -

      He's also my second choice for president if Condi Rice disappoints us and decides not to run in 2008.

      Ken Hamilton

    • Brandon
      Message 2 of 17 , Mar 7, 2005
        editor_republicanreader wrote:

        > Why do so many people support Bill Frist for Vice President?

        Right now it's all about name recognition, really.
      • Probly Notme
        Message 3 of 17 , Mar 7, 2005
          If it's name recognition you want then why not McCain?

          Brandon <jchance@...> wrote:

          editor_republicanreader wrote:

          > Why do so many people support Bill Frist for Vice President?

          Right now it's all about name recognition, really.

          Celebrate Yahoo!'s 10th Birthday!
        • Brandon
          Message 4 of 17 , Mar 7, 2005
            It's not especially what I want. But it's why so many
            people list names like Frist, Pataki, etc. -- those are
            names they're familiar with.

            fwiw, I think I posted a rationale for putting McCain in as
            VP if Rice (or anyone else acceptable) gets the presidential
            nomination: If the ticket wins, it probably ends McCain's
            presidential ambitions, since he would not be able to run on
            his own hook again until 2016, when he will be 80 years old.
            At the same time, he is a popular figure with a lot of
            moderates and the media. I think a Rice/McCain ticket would
            probably do pretty well, with little risk of McCain ever
            becoming president. Remember that not every VP has as much
            policy influence as Cheney has.

            Probly Notme wrote:

            > If it's name recognition you want then why not McCain?
            >
            > Brandon <jchance@...> wrote:
            >

            > editor_republicanreader wrote:
            >

            > > Why do so many people support Bill Frist for Vice President?
            > >

            > Right now it's all about name recognition, really.

            > Celebrate Yahoo!'s 10th Birthday!
            > <http://birthday.yahoo.com/netrospective/>
            > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
            > <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129ak53a3/M=298184.6018725.7038619.3001176/D=groups/S=1706159884:HM/EXP=1110323763/A=2593423/R=0/SIG=11el9gslf/*http://www.netflix.com/Default?mqso=60190075>

          • Probly Notme
            Message 5 of 17 , Mar 7, 2005
              I agree.  I see McCain as someone who could attract moderates while contrasting Condi well.  All while not having that much influence and not being a viable pres. candidate.  I love the idea.

              Probly Notme wrote:

              > If it's name recognition you want then why not McCain?
              >
              > Brandon <jchance@...> wrote:
              >

              >     editor_republicanreader wrote:
              >
              >      >
              >      > Why do so many people support Bill Frist for Vice President?
              >      >
              >
              >     Right now it's all about name recognition, really.

              > Celebrate Yahoo!'s 10th Birthday!
              > <http://birthday.yahoo.com/netrospective/>
              > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
              > <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129ak53a3/M=298184.6018725.7038619.3001176/D=groups/S=1706159884:HM/EXP=1110323763/A=2593423/R=0/SIG=11el9gslf/*http://www.netflix.com/Default?mqso=60190075>

              >     * Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of

              Celebrate Yahoo!'s 10th Birthday!
            • Mark Radulich
              Message 6 of 17 , Mar 7, 2005
                How about Gingrich, if he makes a strong showing but ultimately loses
                the nomination, he might make a good second, assuming he'd take the
                job.

                http://progressiveconservatism.blogspot.com/

                http://pantslessaggressionmusic.blogspot.com/
              • Oneirongoing@aol.com
                Message 7 of 17 , Mar 7, 2005
                  Mc Cain has enough trouble convincing Arizonans
                • Oneirongoing@aol.com
                  Message 8 of 17 , Mar 7, 2005
                    If the US Constitution is changed then we  are sitting on a slam dunk ticket of Arnold and Ms Rice, or vice versa.  Either way would be a winner, especially if he gets his way for the people of California, and gets the 4 referendums passed by the residents this year.
                    I do not believe that he is as liberal as the Ultra Conservatives make him out to be.

                    Ken Going
                  • Mark Radulich
                    Message 9 of 17 , Mar 7, 2005
                      If Arnold becomes Veep and Bono heads up the world bank I'm renouncing
                      my love of politics and will consider taking up residence in Walden
                      with a notebook and bathrobe.

                    • ohmyachingbrain@aol.com
                      Message 10 of 17 , Mar 7, 2005
                        I'm sure no ultra-conservative wacko, but I would NEVER support
                        Shwartzenegger for pres or VP. I would have voted for McClintock.
                      • Mark Radulich
                        Message 11 of 17 , Mar 7, 2005
                          if people weren't such infamous star-F-ers in this country then
                          McClintock would have more than likely won the recall, as he should
                          have
                          On Mar 8, 2005, at 12:24 AM, ohmyachingbrain@... wrote:

                          > I'm sure no ultra-conservative wacko, but I would NEVER support
                          > Shwartzenegger for pres or VP.  I would have voted for McClintock.
                          >

                          > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                          > <22305_0205_016_b_300250_a.gif>
                          > <l.gif>
                          >
                          > Yahoo! Groups Links

                          > Service.

                          http://progressiveconservatism.blogspot.com/

                          http://pantslessaggressionmusic.blogspot.com/
                        • MJ

                            Message 13 of 17 , Mar 8, 2005
                              Don't start packing your bags, Mark.  I think you are going to be hanging around here for a long time  8-)

                              Mary Jo

                              Mark Radulich <markradulich@...> wrote:

                              If Arnold becomes Veep and Bono heads up the world bank I'm renouncing
                              my love of politics and will consider taking up residence in Walden
                              with a notebook and bathrobe.

                              On Mar 7, 2005, at 10:32 PM, Oneirongoing@... wrote:

                              > If the US Constitution is changed then we  are sitting on a slam dunk
                              > ticket of Arnold and Ms Rice, or vice versa.  Either way would be a
                              > winner, especially if he gets his way for the people of California,
                              > and gets the 4 referendums passed by the residents this year.
                              > I do not believe that he is as liberal as the Ultra Conservatives make
                              > him out to be.
                              >
                              > Ken Going
                              >

                              > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                              > <22305_0205_016_b_300250_a.gif>
                              >

                              > Yahoo! Groups Links

                              > Service.

                              http://progressiveconservatism.blogspot.com/

                              http://pantslessaggressionmusic.blogspot.com/

                              Give underprivileged students the materials they need to learn.
                              Bring education to life by funding a specific classroom project.
                              http://us.click.yahoo.com/FHLuJD/_WnJAA/cUmLAA/M8eslB/TM

                              http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                              http://mail.yahoo.com

                            • pop.west.cox.net
                              Message 14 of 17 , Mar 8, 2005
                                If the Constitution is changed, Democrats will have the most attractive candidate of both parties:  Governor Jennifer Granholm of Michigan.  I think she would beat Hillary in a primary and beat both Arnold or Condi in November, 2008.  She has done in Michigan what Arnold wants to do in California.  My take:  Keep her out. don't change the Constitution even though Democrats would support an Amendment.

                                Bobbie Watts

                                Message 15 of 17 , Mar 9, 2005
                                  Please, Jennifer Granholm has got her hands full with Michigan.  She is having problems getting the budget balance.  Has push tax increase on(smokers, drinkers) the poor.  She may get the support from the City of Detroit.  But I do not think Oakland and the out state vote will carry her.

                                  YN1
                                  Burton, MI

                                  Message 16 of 17 , Mar 9, 2005
                                    I agree that she has her hands full here in Michigan.
                                    Now for taking Oakaland Co., Bush didn't take it so
                                    that is not something to count on.

                                    --- Bob Wilson <yoemanbob@...> wrote:
                                    > Please, Jennifer Granholm has got her hands full
                                    > with Michigan. She is having problems getting the
                                    > budget balance. Has push tax increase on(smokers,
                                    > drinkers) the poor. She may get the support from
                                    > the City of Detroit. But I do not think Oakland and
                                    > the out state vote will carry her.
                                    >
                                    > YN1
                                    > Burton, MI
                                    >
                                    > "pop.west.cox.net" <popybobbie@...> wrote:
                                    > If the Constitution is changed, Democrats will have
                                    > the most attractive candidate of both parties:
                                    > Governor Jennifer Granholm of Michigan. I think she
                                    > would beat Hillary in a primary and beat both Arnold
                                    > or Condi in November, 2008. She has done in
                                    > Michigan what Arnold wants to do in California. My
                                    > take: Keep her out. don't change the Constitution
                                    > even though Democrats would support an Amendment.
                                    >
                                    > Bobbie Watts

                                    "Moral courage is the most valuable and usually the most absent characteristic in men."
                                    - General George S. Patton, Jr

                                    --Visit us at http://www.parpart.us--

                                    Celebrate Yahoo!'s 10th Birthday!