NEW CONDISTAS DIRECTORY FOLDER! + Moderator Davyd, please STOP wizard99@vvm.com spam!

    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 19, 2007
      To all group members and to Davyd in particular,

      To ALL group members

      Now here's an idea, if group members want to, as it were, communicate with other group members generally.

      I have set up a new links folder, as follows -

      Folder Condistas Directory
      A new folder and the idea here is that each member of the Rice for President Yahoo Group who wants to, can add a personal "profile"-type folder inside this folder, to hold their links to their own pages, websites, videos or other favourite links. So here is where Condistas can display personalized links, similar to Yahoo Profile Home and Cool links. Say something about yourself so that Condistas here can get to know each other if they wish.

      So I suggest for example, you could create your own folder in that folder and in your folder there, you could post a link to another group wherein the group owner was content to have you post re anything you like.

      I'm thinking of how to facilitate Condistas communicating with each other, re anything they like, but still I'd like to keep this group's message list ON TOPIC as much as is possible.

      I'm hoping that the new Condistas Directory folder will allow Condistas an opportunity and a place in the group to do their own thing, without having me moderating them too much. OK?

      Thanks.

      The next part of this post is for Davyd,

      I want to be consistent - have one group-owner policy which applies to all members equally, to you as well David, even though you are an honoured moderator of the group.

      Now just recently, I put Tommy (remember him) on pre-post moderation because he was continuing to spam this group because he had put the group email address in one of his email lists, and we were getting emails, non-specific to Rice for President Yahoo Group.

      Now, sadly, Tommy took offence and he left the group, though I've invited him to re-join.

      Now in some ways, the two most recent posts the group has received from you Davyd, have been even more non-specific to Rice for President than Tommy's offending spam - Tommy's at least mentioned Condi and Senator Boxer, if I remember correctly.
      Whereas, one of your wizard99@... spams was re: the lady killed by Senator Kennedy, and the other was a bill of Non-rights.

      So to be consistent, I need to apply the same group rule to you as I did to Tommy. Either that or I'll have to change the rule and go begging to Tommy for forgiveness and I am loath to do that!

      Therefore I must ask you to remove Rice for President from your wizard99@... spam list!

      And from now on please only post matters on the Rice for President Yahoo Group message list which are pretty much re Condi or matters to do with the management of the group in your role as moderator and group member.

      You see, I think if someone new surfs into the group's home page, the first few messages they should see there, should really be to do with Condi and the group, not general political posts, however interesting they might be to some.

      Peter Dow,
      Rice for President Yahoo Group

      "C.D.Hoit" <cdhoit@...> wrote:

      We The People..... Of The United States
      This is probably the best e-mails I've seen in a long, long time. The following has been attributed to State Representative Mitchell Aye from GA. This guy should run for President one day...
      "We the sensible people of the United States, in an attempt to help everyone get along, restore some semblance of justice, avoid more riots, keep our nation safe, promote positive behavior, and secure the blessings of debt free liberty to ourselves and our great-great- great-grandchild ren, hereby try one more time to ordain and establish some common sense guidelines for the terminally whiny, guilt ridden, delusional, and other liberal bed-wetters. We hold these truths to be self evident: that a whole lot of people are confused by the Bill of Rights and are so dim they require a Bill of NON-Rights."
      ARTICLE I: You do not have the right to a new car, big screen TV, or any other form of wealth. More power to you if you can legally acquire them, but no one is guaranteeing anything.
      ARTICLE II: You do not have the right to never be offended. This country is based on freedom, and that means freedom for everyone -- not just you! You may leave the room, turn the channel, express a different opinion, etc.; but the world is full of idiots, and probably always will be.
      ARTICLE III: You do not have the right to be free from harm. If you stick a screwdriver in your eye, learn to be more careful, do not expect the tool manufacturer to make you and all your relatives independently wealthy.
      ARTICLE IV: You do not have the right to free food and housing. Americans are the most charitable people to be found, and will gladly help anyone in need, but we are quickly growing weary of subsidizing generation after generation of professional couch potatoes who achieve nothing more than the creation of another generation of professional couch potatoes.
      ARTICLE V: You do not have the right to free health care. That would be nice, but from the looks of public housing, we're just not interested in public health care.
      ARTICLE VI: You do not have the right to physically harm other people. If you kidnap, rape, intentionally maim, or kill someone, don't be surprised if the rest of us want to see you fry in the electric chair.
      ARTICLE VII: You do not have the right to the possessions of others. If you rob, cheat, or coerce away the goods or services of other citizens, don't be surprised if the rest of us get together and lock you away in a place where you still won't have the right to a big screen color TV or a life of leisure.
      ARTICLE VIII: You do not have the right to a job. All of us sure want you to have a job, and will gladly help you along in hard times, but we expect you to take advantage of the opportunities of education and vocational training laid before you to make yourself useful.
      ARTICLE IX: You do not have the right to happiness. Being an American means that you have the right to PURSUE happiness, which by the way, is a lot easier if you are unencumbered by an over abundance of idiots created by those of you who were confused by the Bill of Rights.
      ARTICLE X: This is an English speaking country. We don't care where you are from, English is our language. Learn it or go back to wherever you came from! (lastly....) NOW..
      ARTICLE XI: You do not have the right to change our country's history or heritage. This country was founded on the belief in one true God. And yet, you are given the freedom to believe in any religion, any faith, or no faith at all; with no fear of persecution. The phrase IN GOD WE TRUST is part of our heritage and history, and if you are uncomfortable with it, TOUGH!!!!
      If you agree, share this with a friend. No, you don't have to, and nothing tragic will befall you if you don't. I just think it's about time common sense is allowed to flourish. Sensible people of the United States speak out because if you do not, who will?

      I've stopped 1,276 spam and fraud messages. You can too!
      Free trial of spam and fraud protection at www.cloudmark. com
      Cloudmark Desktop - Join the fight against spam!

      "C.D.Hoit" <cdhoit@...> wrote:

      My name is Mary Jo Kopechne.
      I would have been 65 years of age this year.
      Read about me and my killer below:
      When Sen. Ted Kennedy was merely just another Democrat bloating on Capitol Hill on behalf of liberal causes, it was perhaps excusable to ignore his deplorable past.
      But now that he's become a leading Republican attack dog, positioning himself as Washington's leading arbiter of truth and integrity, the days for such indulgence are now over.
      It's time for the GOP to stand up and remind America why this chief spokesman had to abandon his own presidential bid in 1980 - time to say the words "Mary Jo Kopechne" out loud.
      As is often the case, Republicans have deluded themselves into thinking that most Americans already know the story of how this "Conscience of the Democratic Party" left Miss Kopechne behind to die in the waters underneath the Edgartown Bridge in July 1969, after a night of drinking and partying with the young blonde campaign worker. But most Americans under 40 have never heard that story, or details of how Kennedy swam to safety, then tried to get his cousin Joe Garghan to say he was behind the wheel.
      Those young voters don't know how Miss Kopechne, trapped inside Kennedy's Oldsmobile, gasped for air until she finally died, while the Democrats' leading Iraq war critic rushed back to his compound to formulate the best alibi he could think of.
      Neither does Generation X know how Kennedy was thrown out of Harvard on his ear 15 years earlier -- for paying a fellow student to take his Spanish final. Or why the US Army denied him a commission because he cheated on tests.
      As they listen to the Democrats' "Liberal Lion" accuse President Bush of "telling lie after lie after lie" to get America to go to war in Iraq, young voters don't know about that notorious 1991 Easter weekend in Palm Beach when Uncle Teddy rounded up his nephews for a night on the town, an evening that ended with one of them credibly accused of rape.
      It's time for Republicans to state unabashedly that they will no longer "go along with the gag" when it comes to Uncle Ted's rants about deception and moral turpitude inside the Bush White House.
      And if the Republicans don't, let's do it ourselves by passing this forgotten disgrace around the Internet to wake up memories of what a fraud and fake Teddy really is.
      The Democratic Party should be ashamed to have the national disgrace from Massachusetts as their spokesman.
      Please pray for our Troops fighting for us. God Bless you All.

      I've stopped 1,276 spam and fraud messages. You can too!
      Free trial of spam and fraud protection at www.cloudmark. com
      Cloudmark Desktop - Join the fight against spam!

      Inbox full of spam? Get leading spam protection and 1GB storage with All New Yahoo! Mail.

    • Eric and Kathy Craft
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 19, 2007
        Davyd,

        Seeing that your post "We The People" is an excellent definition of the core Conservative values of the party in which Condi Rice is a proud member in good standing and your post "Mary Jo" is an excellent rallying call for Conservatives to get off of their butts and into the fight, I would be proud to have you post them at Rice For POTUS.

        Okay, I admit that I'm not too hot on the very last sentence of "We The People" that suggests sending it to someone else.  That makes an otherwise excellent post sound a bit spammy.  "Mary Jo" is an excellent example of the Liberal Hypocrisy that Conservatives like Condi Rice will have be against in the 2008 Election.

        Eric...

        "C.D.Hoit" <cdhoit@...> wrote:

[...]

      • C.D.Hoit
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 19, 2007
          Peter,

          And so, if we are to speak ONLY about positive things about Condi, why all the transparent love-fest pix of her? How does that promote Condi?

          Are we to blindly ignore those who fight Against her, and the presidency as well?

          Davyd

        • C.D.Hoit
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 19, 2007
            Well, Eric, of course you're right about the "sending it on" part. I felt that it should see as much daylight as possible.

            Davyd

            I've stopped 1,276 spam and fraud messages. You can too!
            Free trial of spam and fraud protection at www.cloudmark.com

            http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/riceforpot us/

            Whereas, one of your wizard99@vvm. com spams was re: the lady killed by Senator Kennedy, and the other was a bill of Non-rights.

            Therefore I must ask you to remove Rice for President from your wizard99@vvm. com spam list!

            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 21, 2007
              Davyd,

              Well of course Condi is tough, very tough, so I am sure intellectually she is able to discount all the unfair abuse and protests she gets, particularly from the anti-war protestors and critics but also other unfair hits like when we heard Senator Barbara Boxer hitting out at Condi for not having her own children.

              But although, intellectually, Condi can say "that criticism is unfair", we must remember that Condi is a person with feelings too,  and therefore when at lot of people are being angry at her, well her feelings might be hurt, even if she is confident of her position.

              So I think it is the duty of those who DO love Condi, as I do,  to say so in no uncertain terms, because it is not right that the sound of the public discourse should be dominated by those who shout their hatred of Condi - NO! We who love her, should make our voices heard.

              Therefore I hope, that at times, the message of love from those who care about Condi, gets through to her, so that she can better emotionally cope with the abuse which comes her way from some people who don't know any better.

              You know Davyd, most people are a bit like sheep, and if all they ever hear about someone is angry protests, with no sign of love, then, like sheep, they follow the crowd and if the crowd hates then so will they hate, without actually knowing why they are hating.

              Stupid I know. But many people ARE stupid. So we should ensure that even stupid people get to hear the love  and the good news about Condi.

              So that's how expressions of love promote Condi to the presidency.

              The last thing we need is Condi saying to herself - "Well, listen to all those people protesting, they sound so angry at me, perhaps I should not run for President"

              So that's why I think for example, the public displays of love and affection for Condi - like she received at the Southern Baptists meeting America likes to be with Condi - MUSIC VIDEO (Hosted on YouTube)  - are so important for keeping her morale up and encouraging her to think about a run for the Presidency.

              If we are Rice for President Yahoo Group were to give the wrong leadership - tell people to shut up if they love Condi - then I think we would be failing in our duty to support Condoleezza Rice for President.

              Peter Dow
              Owner, Rice for President Yahoo Group

              "C.D.Hoit" <cdhoit@...> wrote:
              Peter,

              And so, if we are to speak ONLY about positive things about Condi, why all the transparent love-fest pix of her? How does that promote Condi?

              Are we to blindly ignore those who fight Against her, and the presidency as well?

              Davyd

              All New Yahoo! Mail – Tired of unwanted email come-ons? Let our SpamGuard protect you.