  • tommyoverload
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 21 2:42 AM

      Hi Condistas, This comes to us via our friends at `Americans For Dr. Rice' of which I am a Chairman. You can visit our web site at

      WWW.4Condi.com and then click on over to our Blog site at `Condi 2008 Blog'. As always please forward this to all your email contacts. Thanks you guys, -Tommy tommyoverload@...

      Neville Chamberlain, 1938, (not seen here, sorry) returning from Germany with a resolution signed by Hitler that promises to commit to "peaceful methods."
      We all know how that turned out!

      Don't Fear the Ghost of Neville Chamberlain – Condi's the "Ghost Buster" for 2008

      The Iraq Study Group report (also called the "Iraq Surrender Group" by Rush Limbaugh and "a recipe for Surrender" by the Weekly Standard's Bill Kristol) while a tribute to the political negotiating skills of its two principle architects, former Sec. of State Jim Baker and former Senator Lee Hamilton, does not map out strategy for winning the war. In fact, in presenting the report to the press, the panel proudly pointed to how they had avoided the use such politically charged words as victory. Excuse us, in Iraq, what Osama Bin Laden himself has called the "central front" in his war with the West, we're going to settle for something less than victory? Is the ghost of Neville Chamberlain haunting us?

      Thank God, Condi, our current Secretary of State, continues to concentrate on achieving victory in Iraq. Her vision of "victory" is not one of US dominance, or imperialism, but an ideological victory that could potentially lead to the rise of a Middle Eastern democracy that would become a regional leader in the same fashion as post-war Germany or Japan. Unfortunately, Condi's efforts are being thwarted. She gets precious little help inside the beltway – or the Republican Party for that matter, as the collection of presidential pygmies assembling itself for the Party's 2008 nomination continue to sacrifice the goal of victory in Iraq in a vain attempt to curry favor with the mavens of the mainstream media. Unfortunately, Secretary Rice can only play the cards that she's dealt by domestic politics. (It's hard to play poker when you don't have anything to bet!)

      Shortly before the 2006 elections, the soon-to-be Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi characterized Iraq as a "situation." Even James Baker avoids the term "war" preferring "the problem we face in Iraq." After all, nobody wants the US to lose a war – except maybe Jack Murtha, Michael Moore, Jimmy Carter and most of the radical left leadership that has taken control of the Democratic Party. Whatever happened to Democrats like Henry "Scoop" Jackson (

      Real Clear Politics), or even JFK? Remember this from President Kennedy's inaugural?

      The world is very different now. For man holds in his mortal hands the power to abolish all forms of human poverty and all forms of human life. And yet the same revolutionary beliefs for which our forebears fought are still at issue around the globe--the belief that the rights of man come not from the generosity of the state but from the hand of God.

      We dare not forget today that we are the heirs of that first revolution. Let the word go forth from this time and place, to friend and foe alike, that the torch has been passed to a new generation of Americans--born in this century, tempered by war, disciplined by a hard and bitter peace, proud of our ancient heritage--and unwilling to witness or permit the slow undoing of those human rights to which this nation has always been committed, and to which we are committed today at home and around the world.

      Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, to assure the survival and the success of liberty. This much we pledge -- and more.

      You don't hear inspiring words like these coming from Democrats these days. Perhaps they're afraid that their friends at the ACLU would sue them for mentioning God? Unfortunately, we don't hear words like these coming from any of the declared Republican hopefuls for 2008, either. The last time, we recently heard such inspiring words was when Secretary Rice addressed the American Legion (

      transcript, broadband video, dial-up video, audio) or the Southern Baptist Convention (transcript, broadband video, dial-up video, audio). Of course, she has always been careful to not upstage the President – her sense of decorum as a member of the cabinet won't permit it. We can't wait until Secretary Rice's encyclopedic knowledge and ability to cut through partisan rhetoric are unleashed. We got a sample when Dr. Rice parried Senator Barbara Boxer's partisan attacks during her confirmation hearings. Condi was confirmed and "Barbie" ended up looking like the left-coast Senatorial shrew that she is.

      The realities of Iraq and the Middle East are unpleasant – to say the least. To achieve any measure of "success" will require committing enormous amounts of resources and, yes, blood from the fighting men and women of the US, Iraq, and the "coalition of the willing" for years, potentially decades. However, to ignore radical Islam, or to attempt to negotiate with the likes of the current regimes in Iran and Syria, will only guarantee a future "Pearl Harbor" on a horrific, unimaginable magnitude. The principles of

      transformational diplomacy, as outlined by Dr. Rice, are the only hope for our nation, and the world, to avoid an apocalyptic future – such as the one alluded to in the diatribes of Iran's President Ahmadinejad.

      We cannot allow the ghost of Neville Chamberlain to frighten us into a foreign policy of appeasement. Condi's the only "ghostbuster" in our Rolodex. Who ya' gonna call?

      (Trivia question: Which Supreme Court Justice, a Clinton appointee, was an ACLU litigator before being appointed to the federal bench? Hint:

      She cast a dissenting vote in Bush v. Gore. Still stumped? It is rumored that the only Republican president to whom she would tender her resignation is Condi, which is just another reason why Dr. Rice needs to be our 44th president!)