Re: [rice-for-president] Re: US officials in Iraq - "Stay the course". WRONG!

  • Eric and Kathy Craft
    Message 1 of 11 , Oct 25, 2006
      Hi Peter,

      > But the news I was watching was just what US officials were saying. Are you saying there was no truth in that news? That nothing the officials were saying was true?

      I'm saying on average how the news is reported by the media has little
      to do with the truth of the matter where military operations are
      concerned.

      > No there was a lot of truth in the news, as there always is. But I came to a different opinion and judgement about Iraqi Prime Minister Maliki than the President has. I don't think Maliki is up to it.

      If Maliki is or is not up to the job is truly unknown because world
      media is not always to be trusted. American media is almost never to
      be trusted.

      > I don't know of anyone in America and Britain who wants America to LOSE the war in Iraq. Certainly, there are a lot of STOP-THE-WAR types who don't want us to fight it – want us to pack up and go home.

      Packing up and going home before a war is won is called losing the
      war. This is exactly what the Democrat party wants soly for the
      reason of gaining political power. Their allies in the media are
      doing everything in their power to cause the US to lose the War on
      Terror (WW3).

      > I can't imagine that anyone in the 1960s wanted America to lose a war then either.

      The Democrat party, CBS, ABC, NBC, The New York Times and The L.A. Times.

      > But not fighting a war, is not exactly the same as losing it. Instead of fighting a war you can choose more of a stand-off situation – go to a cold war instead of a hot war. A country only really loses a war if it surrenders its independence and freedom.

      That's BS and simply not possible. We are fighting an enemy that will
      follow us home if we lose this war. Once again, packing up and going
      home is losing the war.

      > My goodness, Scotland has not been an independent country for 300 years and still we Scots have not surrendered. Even today, the war for Scottish freedom has not been lost.
      >
      > How can you possibly think that America has lost, really lost a war?

      Korea and Vietnam were both wars that the US lost. Okay, The UN lost
      the war in Korea, but the US was who had to pay the price for that
      loss.

      > You Americans are free – you elect your own politicians to government. You elect your own president. America looks very much like winners from this side of the Atlantic.
      >
      > Eric, you don't know how lucky you are!

      Our Freedom in the US has nothing to do with luck. Every freedom and
      right that we have was dearly paid for with the blood of our brave
      fighting men (and women nowdays).

      It's not luck. It's an understanding that Freedom is not and Never
      has been Free. There is always a butcher's bill for Freedom.

      Eric...
    • C.D.Hoit
      Message 2 of 11 , Oct 26, 2006
        Right on, Eric. Especially the last comment !!!!!!!!!!!

        Davyd

        I've stopped 889 spam and fraud messages. You can too!
        Free trial of spam and fraud protection at http://www.cloudmark.com/sig/?

        > But the news I was watching was just what US officials were saying. Are
        you saying there was no truth in that news? That nothing the officials were
        saying was true?

        I'm saying on average how the news is reported by the media has little to do
        with the truth of the matter where military operations are concerned.

        > No there was a lot of truth in the news, as there always is. But I came to
        a different opinion and judgement about Iraqi Prime Minister Maliki than the
        President has. I don't think Maliki is up to it.

        If Maliki is or is not up to the job is truly unknown because world media is
        not always to be trusted. American media is almost never to be trusted.

        > I don't know of anyone in America and Britain who wants America to LOSE
        the war in Iraq. Certainly, there are a lot of STOP-THE-WAR types who don't
        want us to fight it - want us to pack up and go home.

        Packing up and going home before a war is won is called losing the war.
        This is exactly what the Democrat party wants soly for the reason of gaining
        political power. Their allies in the media are doing everything in their
        power to cause the US to lose the War on Terror (WW3).

        > I can't imagine that anyone in the 1960s wanted America to lose a war then
        either.

        The Democrat party, CBS, ABC, NBC, The New York Times and The L.A. Times.

        > But not fighting a war, is not exactly the same as losing it. Instead of
        fighting a war you can choose more of a stand-off situation - go to a cold
        war instead of a hot war. A country only really loses a war if it surrenders
        its independence and freedom.

        That's BS and simply not possible. We are fighting an enemy that will
        follow us home if we lose this war. Once again, packing up and going home
        is losing the war.

        > My goodness, Scotland has not been an independent country for 300 years
        and still we Scots have not surrendered. Even today, the war for Scottish
        freedom has not been lost.

        > How can you possibly think that America has lost, really lost a war?

        Korea and Vietnam were both wars that the US lost. Okay, The UN lost the
        war in Korea, but the US was who had to pay the price for that loss.

        > You Americans are free - you elect your own politicians to government.
        You elect your own president. America looks very much like winners from this
        side of the Atlantic.

        > Eric, you don't know how lucky you are!

        Our Freedom in the US has nothing to do with luck. Every freedom and right
        that we have was dearly paid for with the blood of our brave fighting men
        (and women nowdays).

        It's not luck. It's an understanding that Freedom is not and Never has been
        Free. There is always a butcher's bill for Freedom.

        Eric...

        Yahoo! Groups Links