RE: [rice-for-president] Re: US officials in Iraq - "Stay the course". WRONG!

  • C.D.Hoit
    Message 1 of 11 , Oct 25, 2006
      Peter,

      The point I made and which is true, is that the news is slanted to suit the agenda of the power behind the reporter/editor. As for "US Officials" I think that could be better defined. The real source is what is important, not just a generalization about statements. We have any number of politicians and lower-levels "officials" who are quoted in one way or another. That does not make what they say true, or not true.

      Davyd

      I've stopped 884 spam and fraud messages. You can too!
      Free trial of spam and fraud protection at www.cloudmark.com
      Cloudmark Desktop - Join the fight against spam!

      Message 2 of 11 , Oct 25, 2006
        Hi Peter,

        > But the news I was watching was just what US officials were saying. Are you saying there was no truth in that news? That nothing the officials were saying was true?

        I'm saying on average how the news is reported by the media has little
        to do with the truth of the matter where military operations are
        concerned.

        > No there was a lot of truth in the news, as there always is. But I came to a different opinion and judgement about Iraqi Prime Minister Maliki than the President has. I don't think Maliki is up to it.

        If Maliki is or is not up to the job is truly unknown because world
        media is not always to be trusted. American media is almost never to
        be trusted.

        > I don't know of anyone in America and Britain who wants America to LOSE the war in Iraq. Certainly, there are a lot of STOP-THE-WAR types who don't want us to fight it – want us to pack up and go home.

        Packing up and going home before a war is won is called losing the
        war. This is exactly what the Democrat party wants soly for the
        reason of gaining political power. Their allies in the media are
        doing everything in their power to cause the US to lose the War on
        Terror (WW3).

        > I can't imagine that anyone in the 1960s wanted America to lose a war then either.

        The Democrat party, CBS, ABC, NBC, The New York Times and The L.A. Times.

        > But not fighting a war, is not exactly the same as losing it. Instead of fighting a war you can choose more of a stand-off situation – go to a cold war instead of a hot war. A country only really loses a war if it surrenders its independence and freedom.

        That's BS and simply not possible. We are fighting an enemy that will
        follow us home if we lose this war. Once again, packing up and going
        home is losing the war.

        > My goodness, Scotland has not been an independent country for 300 years and still we Scots have not surrendered. Even today, the war for Scottish freedom has not been lost.
        >
        > How can you possibly think that America has lost, really lost a war?

        Korea and Vietnam were both wars that the US lost. Okay, The UN lost
        the war in Korea, but the US was who had to pay the price for that
        loss.

        > You Americans are free – you elect your own politicians to government. You elect your own president. America looks very much like winners from this side of the Atlantic.
        >
        > Eric, you don't know how lucky you are!

        Our Freedom in the US has nothing to do with luck. Every freedom and
        right that we have was dearly paid for with the blood of our brave
        fighting men (and women nowdays).

        It's not luck. It's an understanding that Freedom is not and Never
        has been Free. There is always a butcher's bill for Freedom.

        Eric...
      • C.D.Hoit
        Message 3 of 11 , Oct 26, 2006
          Right on, Eric. Especially the last comment !!!!!!!!!!!

          Davyd

          I've stopped 889 spam and fraud messages. You can too!
          Free trial of spam and fraud protection at http://www.cloudmark.com/sig/?

          > But the news I was watching was just what US officials were saying. Are
          you saying there was no truth in that news? That nothing the officials were
          saying was true?

          I'm saying on average how the news is reported by the media has little to do
          with the truth of the matter where military operations are concerned.

          > No there was a lot of truth in the news, as there always is. But I came to
          a different opinion and judgement about Iraqi Prime Minister Maliki than the
          President has. I don't think Maliki is up to it.

          If Maliki is or is not up to the job is truly unknown because world media is
          not always to be trusted. American media is almost never to be trusted.

          > I don't know of anyone in America and Britain who wants America to LOSE
          the war in Iraq. Certainly, there are a lot of STOP-THE-WAR types who don't
          want us to fight it - want us to pack up and go home.

          Packing up and going home before a war is won is called losing the war.
          This is exactly what the Democrat party wants soly for the reason of gaining
          political power. Their allies in the media are doing everything in their
          power to cause the US to lose the War on Terror (WW3).

          > I can't imagine that anyone in the 1960s wanted America to lose a war then
          either.

          The Democrat party, CBS, ABC, NBC, The New York Times and The L.A. Times.

          > But not fighting a war, is not exactly the same as losing it. Instead of
          fighting a war you can choose more of a stand-off situation - go to a cold
          war instead of a hot war. A country only really loses a war if it surrenders
          its independence and freedom.

          That's BS and simply not possible. We are fighting an enemy that will
          follow us home if we lose this war. Once again, packing up and going home
          is losing the war.

          > My goodness, Scotland has not been an independent country for 300 years
          and still we Scots have not surrendered. Even today, the war for Scottish
          freedom has not been lost.

          > How can you possibly think that America has lost, really lost a war?

          Korea and Vietnam were both wars that the US lost. Okay, The UN lost the
          war in Korea, but the US was who had to pay the price for that loss.

          > You Americans are free - you elect your own politicians to government.
          You elect your own president. America looks very much like winners from this
          side of the Atlantic.

          > Eric, you don't know how lucky you are!

          Our Freedom in the US has nothing to do with luck. Every freedom and right
          that we have was dearly paid for with the blood of our brave fighting men
          (and women nowdays).

          It's not luck. It's an understanding that Freedom is not and Never has been
          Free. There is always a butcher's bill for Freedom.

          Eric...

          Yahoo! Groups Links