Owner bans mickjnss - "JEFF DAVIS IN 2012" (with an explanation)

    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 24, 2006
      Well this guy Jeff Davis at least managed to be on topic for the "FOR PRESIDENT" part of the group's name.

      Unfortunately, he doesn't want Condi to run for a second term in 2012, and instead puts his own name forward as a candidate.

      So not your common or garden spammer this chap.

      I support moderator Eric's decision to suspend posting privileges for mickjnss and I am following through with a ban for that Yahoo ID too.

      I don't want to allow his 2012 links and file uploads either to remain here either as they are so directly negative to the group's purpose.

      Now if the guy had been saying "JEFF DAVIS IN 2016" - well maybe I would allow such links in the "Non-Condi-specific links" or the "Not for the unsuspecting" links folders.

      (Of course, if Condi doesn't run for President in 2008 then she could run in 2012 and 2016, in which case Jeff is out of luck again.)

      I have just now added this link to the Non-Condi folder -

      2008 Presidential Elections Yahoo Group
      A link to a seemingly non-party group wherein other Presidential campaigns may be able post their links (but not here please). Also it might be a place for Condistas to meet up with other -istas to discuss matters of mutual interest.

      So I'm suggesting that group and not this group is a place for Jeff to interact with consenting Condistas and others if they wish. I've joined that group but I am not involved in the running of it, so I can't say how fair or unfair - biased or unbiased - that group's owner and moderators are.

      I took a look at Jeff's Yahoo Profile
      before finally deciding to ban him - it was a blank profile, I guess set up to do spamming operations, and therefore, by banning that "spamming" Yahoo ID from this group, I am still leaving open the possibility of Jeff re-joining us here with his main Yahoo ID providing he does not post and link here to his own anti-President Condi pages, contrary to the spirit of this group.

      Peter Dow,
      Owner Rice for President

    • Eric and Kathy Craft
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 24, 2006
        Jefferson Davis was the President of the Confederacy in the US Civil
        War. The guy's post was a racist slam at Condi.

        Eric...

        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 24, 2006
          Thanks Eric. Sorry if I am so ignorant about US history.

          Well the guy has a dozen-page website and he doesn't seem to advocating slavery or the return of the confederacy, so it is a lot of bother to go to, if it is just a disguised racist slam?

          I mean that could be the guys real name? No? Anyway, the guy has gone so I don't really care one way or another. The point may be argued better somewhere else, where the guy could have a right of reply and where somebody might actually be interested.

          - Peter

          On 9/24/06, Peter Dow <peterdow@talk21. com> wrote:

          > Well this guy Jeff Davis at least managed to be on topic for the "FOR PRESIDENT" part of the group's name.
          >
          > Unfortunately, he doesn't want Condi to run for a second term in 2012, and instead puts his own name forward as a candidate.
          >
          > So not your common or garden spammer this chap.
          >
          > I support moderator Eric's decision to suspend posting privileges for mickjnss and I am following through with a ban for that Yahoo ID too.
          >
          > I don't want to allow his 2012 links and file uploads either to remain here either as they are so directly negative to the group's purpose.
          >
          > Now if the guy had been saying "JEFF DAVIS IN 2016" - well maybe I would allow such links in the "Non-Condi-specific links" or the "Not for the unsuspecting" links folders.
          >
          > (Of course, if Condi doesn't run for President in 2008 then she could run in 2012 and 2016, in which case Jeff is out of luck again.)
          >
          > I have just now added this link to the Non-Condi folder -
          >

          > 2008 Presidential Elections Yahoo Group
          > A link to a seemingly non-party group wherein other Presidential campaigns may be able post their links (but not here please). Also it might be a place for Condistas to meet up with other -istas to discuss matters of mutual interest.
          > http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/2008_ Presidential_ Elections
          >
          > So I'm suggesting that group and not this group is a place for Jeff to interact with consenting Condistas and others if they wish. I've joined that group but I am not involved in the running of it, so I can't say how fair or unfair - biased or unbiased - that group's owner and moderators are.
          >
          > I took a look at Jeff's Yahoo Profile
          > http://profiles. yahoo.com/ mickjnss
          > before finally deciding to ban him - it was a blank profile, I guess set up to do spamming operations, and therefore, by banning that "spamming" Yahoo ID from this group, I am still leaving open the possibility of Jeff re-joining us here with his main Yahoo ID providing he does not post and link here to his own anti-President Condi pages, contrary to the spirit of this group.
          >
          > Peter Dow,
          > Owner Rice for President

          Copy addresses and emails from any email account to Yahoo! Mail - quick, easy and free. Do it now...