RE: [rice-for-president] Need info on Condi's views/stands

  • Robert Stone
    Message 1 of 20 , Mar 1, 2005
      Bill Frist?

      -----Original Message-----
      From: gc137 [mailto:gc137@...]
      Sent: Monday, February 28, 2005 8:03 PM
      To: rice-for-president@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [rice-for-president] Need info on Condi's views/stands

      Is there somewhere 'official' that lists what Condi's stands are on
      certain subjects, like; Abortions, gays, Israel, etc?

      I am interested in finding out more about her views. I think Condi
      would knock Hillary into outer space if she ran, but who will we get
      to run with her? Condi needs a man to run as VP that is strong but
      not over powering, and sharp intellectually, no wimps allowed!

      Yahoo! Groups Links
    • jeff_cassity
      Message 2 of 20 , Mar 1, 2005
        -Lt. Gov. Michael Steele of Maryland

        -- In rice-for-president@yahoogroups.com, "Robert Stone"
        <wcrbrangus@g...> wrote:
        > Bill Frist?

      • Keith
        Message 3 of 20 , Mar 1, 2005
          Yes. There have been rumblings about him giving it a go. But heck. He's tying himself in
          knots over using the "nuclear option" regarding judges. That ain't convincing me he has
          what it takes to lead in a time of war.

          > Is there somewhere 'official' that lists what Condi's stands are on
          > certain subjects, like; Abortions, gays, Israel, etc?
          >
          > I am interested in finding out more about her views. I think Condi
          > would knock Hillary into outer space if she ran, but who will we get
          > to run with her? Condi needs a man to run as VP that is strong but
          > not over powering, and sharp intellectually, no wimps allowed!
          >

          > Yahoo! Groups Links
        • Ross Parpart
          Message 4 of 20 , Mar 1, 2005
            Maybe VP. A softer VP would be a good compliment to a
            harder line Pres.

            --- Keith <keithnphx@...> wrote:

            > Yes. There have been rumblings about him giving it a
            > go. But heck. He's tying himself in
            > knots over using the "nuclear option" regarding
            > judges. That ain't convincing me he has
            > what it takes to lead in a time of war.
            >
            > --- In rice-for-president@yahoogroups.com, "Robert
            > Stone" <wcrbrangus@g...> wrote:
            > > Bill Frist?

            =====
            "Moral courage is the most valuable and usually the most absent characteristic in men."
            - General George S. Patton, Jr

            --Visit us at http://www.parpart.us--

            http://mail.yahoo.com
          • Keith
            Message 5 of 20 , Mar 1, 2005
              NO! a thousand times no. Pres. Bush is reshaping the middle east. How? By surrounding
              himself with a solid team including the Vice President and Sec. State Rice.
              Wimps need not apply as far as I'm concerned.
              And why would anyone think of her as "hard liner." I say she's the kind of person who
              sticks to her convictions. Like our current Commander-in-Chief. And unlike a certain
              democrat wanna-be from this last election. ;-)

              Message 6 of 20 , Mar 1, 2005
                Bill Frist would be a great running mate.DR. rice must
                be convinced to run in 2008
                --- Ross Parpart <rosslyp@...> wrote:

                > Maybe VP. A softer VP would be a good compliment to
                > harder line Pres.
                >

                > --- Keith <keithnphx@...> wrote:
                >

                > > Yes. There have been rumblings about him giving it
                > > go. But heck. He's tying himself in
                > > knots over using the "nuclear option" regarding
                > > judges. That ain't convincing me he has
                > > what it takes to lead in a time of war.
                > >
                > > --- In rice-for-president@yahoogroups.com, "Robert
                > > Stone" <wcrbrangus@g...> wrote:
                > > > Bill Frist?

                http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
              • Ken Hamilton
                Message 7 of 20 , Mar 1, 2005
                  I think if Secretary of State Rice runs for president in 2008 that her fleshed out position on abortion will end up being not appreciably different from that of President Bush.

                  As for a running mate for her, I would suggest Governor Tim Pawlenty of Minnesota.

                  Ken Hamilton

                • Ross Parpart
                  Message 8 of 20 , Mar 2, 2005
                    Condi a hard liner, not really, just some who has
                    convictions. Does that make her seem to have a harder
                    line than most of the others inside the Belt Way, you
                    bet. The best part is that I believe that most of
                    America have those same "hard line" views.

                    =====
                    "Moral courage is the most valuable and usually the most absent characteristic in men."
                    - General George S. Patton, Jr

                    --Visit us at http://www.parpart.us--

                    http://mail.yahoo.com
                  • Jacob
                    Message 9 of 20 , Mar 2, 2005
                      Fact is, as much as I appreciate all the things I have
                      seen, she has never been a candidate for public
                      office. She is a capable administrator. She is well
                      versed in issues of national security and
                      international relations. I don't know where she stands
                      at all in regards to domestic policy. Which is why I
                      was hoping Cheney would not run for VP this time
                      around, and Condi would take that position.

                      As much as I hate to admit it, Hillary would make much
                      hay out of her experience as a Senator if she was
                      running against someone who never ran for office.

                      Which leads me to conclude, that Condi is more likely
                      to be a VP candidate than the top of the ticket.

                      --- Thomas Crillo <thomascrillo@...> wrote:

                      > I looked for stand on abortion, as this tell alot
                      > about a person, but there is no recrd that I could
                      > find.
                      >
                      > gc137 <gc137@...> wrote:
                      > Is there somewhere 'official' that lists what
                      > Condi's stands are on
                      > certain subjects, like; Abortions, gays, Israel,
                      > etc?
                      >
                      > I am interested in finding out more about her views.
                      > I think Condi
                      > would knock Hillary into outer space if she ran, but
                      > who will we get
                      > to run with her? Condi needs a man to run as VP
                      > that is strong but
                      > not over powering, and sharp intellectually, no
                      > wimps allowed!
                      >

                      > Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

                      > Yahoo! Terms of Service.

                      __________________________________
                      Celebrate Yahoo!'s 10th Birthday!
                    • Jacob
                      Message 10 of 20 , Mar 2, 2005
                        Bush won on domestic issues and his stance on gay
                        marriage was an important part of the equation. I
                        would not put too much stock in the possibility of a
                        pro-choice Repulican candidate for Prez.

                        http://us.click.yahoo.com/_OLuKD/8WnJAA/cUmLAA/M8eslB/TM

                        Message 11 of 20 , Mar 2, 2005
                          How come nobody is bringing up a very likely
                          candidate, the popular governor from Florida?

                          http://mail.yahoo.com
                        • Ken Hamilton
                          Message 12 of 20 , Mar 3, 2005
                            Jeb Bush has said he won't run.  Also, the American people are not likely to vote immediately for another presidential candidate named Bush.  It would look too much like a monarchy.

                            Ken Hamilton

                          • Brandon
                            Message 13 of 20 , Mar 3, 2005
                              Jacob wrote:

                              > How come nobody is bringing up a very likely
                              > candidate, the popular governor from Florida?

                              Because he has said repeatedly that he doesn't want the job.
                              Because his brother, the current president, has said he
                              doesn't think Gov. Bush wants the job. And because three
                              presidents named Bush in so short a time starts to smell too
                              much like a dynasty. If Jeb Bush's last name were anything
                              but Bush, he'd be a very strong candidate, but I think he's
                              lost whatever chance he had when his brother was elected.