Re: [rice-for-president] Re: Need info on Condi's views/stands

  • Chad Mitchell
    Message 1 of 20 , Feb 28, 2005
      very good point Keith.
      ----- Original Message -----
      From: Keith
      Sent: Monday, February 28, 2005 11:04 PM
      Subject: [rice-for-president] Re: Need info on Condi's views/stands

      And there you have it. It's "rubber meets the road" time for some of
      you. Right now Dr. Rice is a bit of an empty vessel into which we can
      all poor our hopes and dreams. Where will you go when she lays out a
      position or two you don't fully agree with? John McCain? I'm from
      Arizona and there's NO WAY he'd get my vote. Rudy? God love him but
      he's further left than I dare imagine Condi could be on a bad day.
      Frist, Romney? Nice guys but gimme a break.
      Nothing short of her being a certified tree hugging, gun grabbing,
      abortion at all cost, Euro-weenie apologist will sway my support. And
      from what I've been reading in the Antonia Felix book on Condi, NONE
      of that seems likely.
      So the question is what is a deal spoiler for many of you. Frankly. I
      think a lot of early supporters need to ask that question NOW. Don't
      fantasize about who you "want" her to be. Educate yourself on who
      she "is" now.

    • Robert Stone
      Message 2 of 20 , Mar 1, 2005
        Bill Frist?

        Message 3 of 20 , Mar 1, 2005
          -Lt. Gov. Michael Steele of Maryland

          -- In rice-for-president@yahoogroups.com, "Robert Stone"
          <wcrbrangus@g...> wrote:
          > Bill Frist?

        • Keith
          Message 4 of 20 , Mar 1, 2005
            Yes. There have been rumblings about him giving it a go. But heck. He's tying himself in
            knots over using the "nuclear option" regarding judges. That ain't convincing me he has
            what it takes to lead in a time of war.

            > Is there somewhere 'official' that lists what Condi's stands are on
            > certain subjects, like; Abortions, gays, Israel, etc?
            >
            > I am interested in finding out more about her views. I think Condi
            > would knock Hillary into outer space if she ran, but who will we get
            > to run with her? Condi needs a man to run as VP that is strong but
            > not over powering, and sharp intellectually, no wimps allowed!
            >

            > Yahoo! Groups Links
          • Ross Parpart
            Message 5 of 20 , Mar 1, 2005
              Maybe VP. A softer VP would be a good compliment to a
              harder line Pres.

              --- Keith <keithnphx@...> wrote:

              > Yes. There have been rumblings about him giving it a
              > go. But heck. He's tying himself in
              > knots over using the "nuclear option" regarding
              > judges. That ain't convincing me he has
              > what it takes to lead in a time of war.
              >
              > --- In rice-for-president@yahoogroups.com, "Robert
              > Stone" <wcrbrangus@g...> wrote:
              > > Bill Frist?

              =====
              "Moral courage is the most valuable and usually the most absent characteristic in men."
              - General George S. Patton, Jr

              --Visit us at http://www.parpart.us--

              http://mail.yahoo.com
            • Keith
              Message 6 of 20 , Mar 1, 2005
                NO! a thousand times no. Pres. Bush is reshaping the middle east. How? By surrounding
                himself with a solid team including the Vice President and Sec. State Rice.
                Wimps need not apply as far as I'm concerned.
                And why would anyone think of her as "hard liner." I say she's the kind of person who
                sticks to her convictions. Like our current Commander-in-Chief. And unlike a certain
                democrat wanna-be from this last election. ;-)

                Message 7 of 20 , Mar 1, 2005
                  Bill Frist would be a great running mate.DR. rice must
                  be convinced to run in 2008
                  --- Ross Parpart <rosslyp@...> wrote:

                  > Maybe VP. A softer VP would be a good compliment to
                  > harder line Pres.
                  >

                  > --- Keith <keithnphx@...> wrote:
                  >

                  > > Yes. There have been rumblings about him giving it
                  > > go. But heck. He's tying himself in
                  > > knots over using the "nuclear option" regarding
                  > > judges. That ain't convincing me he has
                  > > what it takes to lead in a time of war.
                  > >
                  > > --- In rice-for-president@yahoogroups.com, "Robert
                  > > Stone" <wcrbrangus@g...> wrote:
                  > > > Bill Frist?

                  http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
                • Ken Hamilton
                  Message 8 of 20 , Mar 1, 2005
                    I think if Secretary of State Rice runs for president in 2008 that her fleshed out position on abortion will end up being not appreciably different from that of President Bush.

                    As for a running mate for her, I would suggest Governor Tim Pawlenty of Minnesota.

                    Ken Hamilton

                  • Ross Parpart
                    Message 9 of 20 , Mar 2, 2005
                      Condi a hard liner, not really, just some who has
                      convictions. Does that make her seem to have a harder
                      line than most of the others inside the Belt Way, you
                      bet. The best part is that I believe that most of
                      America have those same "hard line" views.

                      =====
                      "Moral courage is the most valuable and usually the most absent characteristic in men."
                      - General George S. Patton, Jr

                      --Visit us at http://www.parpart.us--

                      http://mail.yahoo.com
                    • Jacob
                      Message 10 of 20 , Mar 2, 2005
                        Fact is, as much as I appreciate all the things I have
                        seen, she has never been a candidate for public
                        office. She is a capable administrator. She is well
                        versed in issues of national security and
                        international relations. I don't know where she stands
                        at all in regards to domestic policy. Which is why I
                        was hoping Cheney would not run for VP this time
                        around, and Condi would take that position.

                        As much as I hate to admit it, Hillary would make much
                        hay out of her experience as a Senator if she was
                        running against someone who never ran for office.

                        Which leads me to conclude, that Condi is more likely
                        to be a VP candidate than the top of the ticket.

                        --- Thomas Crillo <thomascrillo@...> wrote:

                        > I looked for stand on abortion, as this tell alot
                        > about a person, but there is no recrd that I could
                        > find.
                        >
                        > gc137 <gc137@...> wrote:
                        > Is there somewhere 'official' that lists what
                        > Condi's stands are on
                        > certain subjects, like; Abortions, gays, Israel,
                        > etc?
                        >
                        > I am interested in finding out more about her views.
                        > I think Condi
                        > would knock Hillary into outer space if she ran, but
                        > who will we get
                        > to run with her? Condi needs a man to run as VP
                        > that is strong but
                        > not over powering, and sharp intellectually, no
                        > wimps allowed!
                        >

                        > Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

                        > Yahoo! Terms of Service.

                        __________________________________
                        Celebrate Yahoo!'s 10th Birthday!
                      • Jacob
                        Message 11 of 20 , Mar 2, 2005
                          Bush won on domestic issues and his stance on gay
                          marriage was an important part of the equation. I
                          would not put too much stock in the possibility of a
                          pro-choice Repulican candidate for Prez.

                          http://us.click.yahoo.com/_OLuKD/8WnJAA/cUmLAA/M8eslB/TM

                          Message 12 of 20 , Mar 2, 2005
                            How come nobody is bringing up a very likely
                            candidate, the popular governor from Florida?

                            http://mail.yahoo.com
                          • Ken Hamilton
                            Message 13 of 20 , Mar 3, 2005
                              Jeb Bush has said he won't run.  Also, the American people are not likely to vote immediately for another presidential candidate named Bush.  It would look too much like a monarchy.

                              Ken Hamilton

                            • Brandon
                              Message 14 of 20 , Mar 3, 2005
                                Jacob wrote:

                                > How come nobody is bringing up a very likely
                                > candidate, the popular governor from Florida?

                                Because he has said repeatedly that he doesn't want the job.
                                Because his brother, the current president, has said he
                                doesn't think Gov. Bush wants the job. And because three
                                presidents named Bush in so short a time starts to smell too
                                much like a dynasty. If Jeb Bush's last name were anything
                                but Bush, he'd be a very strong candidate, but I think he's
                                lost whatever chance he had when his brother was elected.