Condi should promote the 1st "US Ambassador to Scotland”

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 2, 2006
      Well the USA has long had a consulate and a "Consul General" as America’s senior diplomat in Edinburgh but I think that, now we’ve got our new Scottish parliament, it is about time for Condi to upgrade the post and promote the present Consul General, Cecile Shea as the first "US Ambassador to Scotland".

      Supporters of Scottish independence and sovereignty must welcome such a diplomatic move, whatever view they take about US policies such as in the topical arms-to-Israel-from-the-USA-via-here debate here in Scotland and Britain.

      Anyway, I’ve given a lead to that effect in my Scottish Republican News page wherein I reported on Cecile Shea’s visit for talks with some Members of the Scottish Parliament yesterday.
      (Yup, there's another of my wee music videos to see!)

      Here’s the link to that and what I had to say.

      From the New World
      To the New Scotland,
       1st August 2006

      America's ambassador to the Scottish Parliament

      "Ambassador"? A promotion? Well, Cecile Shea IS the Condi-approved "US Consul General" at the Edinburgh consulate but I'm always looking to assert and to defend Scottish sovereignty, so I'll promote Cecile's job title here as "the US Ambassador to Scotland". So that's a wee hint from me to Condi as to how she could recognise Scottish independence and sovereignty.

      Video: "Ambassador" Shea explains that Israel is a friend of ours and they need weapons because of the problem right now of terrorist militia missiles falling on Israel.
      Cecile Shea at the Scottish Parliament, Edinburgh, 1st August 2006 - "Israel is a friend of ours. We, like many countries, do continue to sell arms to them but I just don't think that's the problem right now. The problem right now is that a terrorist militia group has 10,000 missiles pointed at civilian targets in Israel and that's what we need to worry about. If those missiles were not falling on Israel right now, we would have a cease fire."
      Impressive - Condi should confirm Cecile as "Ambassador" right away!

      Peter Dow,
      Rice for President Yahoo Group