8065RE: [RI_Ancestors] Fwd: John Greene of Abigail Greene

    Aug 19, 2014

      Good Job Mickey!

      I see your scanner must have worked out well.

      Glad you were delayed in the basement so you could avoid all the

      “excitement” .  Scary stuff.

      For the non locals - http://wpri.com/2014/08/18/police-chase-ends-in-shooting-in-warwick/

      Lisa

      From: finnjordan4@...
      Date: Aug 19, 2014 5:43:32 PM
      Subject: John Greene of Abigail Greene
      To: ri_ancestors@...

      Just an update on the 'Will' of John Greene (who was the husband of Abigail).

      Betty has pictures of the will and is doing a fine job interpreting it. The Warwick City Hall (as was mentioned in a previous email)
      has the original in a book labelled Wills Vol. 1, 1703-1745, page 301-303. Following this was an inventory of his.

      Then in the Archive room, in the book Grantor Index 1642-1897, G-O, starting on page 79 (79 through 85) John Greene was found again and
      more pictures, in hopes Betty can make heads and tails of the information. From this Index one line was picked to follow up on
      and that line mentioned Land @ Cowesett Granted to (Book A, page 86). (Down cellar - ? - NOT) (The upside to searching the cellar is the
      time it took me to decide to go upstairs and inquire probably saved me from getting caught up in a shooting a couple of blocks away that
      would have been on my way home. phew. Heard the sirens when I came out of City Hall but just now found out what they were about.)

      Upstairs, first floor, City Clerks main office an inquiry made only to discover that particular year would be kept in their safe. It is called:
      Town of Warwick Records Book 1642-1668, 1-A. Betty has pictures of this too but only the fact that it does mention (and spell out) Cowesset am
      unsure if much more can be gained from the statements within.

      Mickey

    • Show all 7 messages in this topic