      Sent: Tuesday, August 19, 2014 6:33 PM
      Subject: Re: Re: [RI_Ancestors] Fwd: John Greene of Abigail Greene

      I really don't have any knowledge of them I was doing some leg work for a fellow researcher. Maybe someone with that knowledge will respond. Good Luck.
      Mickey

      On 08/19/14, 'Mary Sorensen' jsorensen4@... [RI_Ancestors] wrote:

      ?
      Did any of these Green's continue on down to Va
      or Ga?

      From: finnjordan4@...
      Date: Aug
      19, 2014 5:43:32 PM
      Subject: John Greene of Abigail Greene
      To: ri_ancestors@...

      Just
      an update on the 'Will' of John Greene (who was the husband of
      Abigail).

      Betty has pictures of the will and is doing a fine job
      interpreting it. The Warwick City Hall (as was mentioned in a previous
      email)
      has the original in a book labelled Wills Vol. 1, 1703-1745, page
      301-303. Following this was an inventory of his.

      Then in the Archive
      room, in the book Grantor Index 1642-1897, G-O, starting on page 79 (79
      through 85) John Greene was found again and
      more pictures, in hopes Betty
      can make heads and tails of the information. From this Index one line was
      picked to follow up on
      and that line mentioned Land @ Cowesett Granted to
      (Book A, page 86). (Down cellar - ? - NOT) (The upside to searching the cellar
      is the
      time it took me to decide to go upstairs and inquire probably saved
      me from getting caught up in a shooting a couple of blocks away that
      would
      have been on my way home. phew. Heard the sirens when I came out of City Hall
      but just now found out what they were about.)

      Upstairs, first floor,
      City Clerks main office an inquiry made only to discover that particular year
      would be kept in their safe. It is called:
      Town of Warwick Records Book
      1642-1668, 1-A. Betty has pictures of this too but only the fact that it does
      mention (and spell out) Cowesset am
      unsure if much more can be gained from
      the statements within.

      Mickey