7667Re: Re: [RI_Ancestors] Maine port

  • finnjordan4
    Mar 26, 2014
      If you type in google "immigrant ports in Maine" it brings up an alpha listing by state. There is information under Maine that may be of use to you.

      On 03/25/14, Sue Mullane wrote:

      Portland is a fairly big town on the seacoast of Maine. It might be worth a shot to look there. Sue

      On Tuesday, March 25, 2014 2:44 PM, "nmhattox@..." <nmhattox@...> wrote:

      Does anyone know what city in Maine was an immigration port? I know my great great grandparents lived in Lewiston, Maine before moving to Pawtucket/ Lincoln area of RI. I also know they (GGgrandparents) were born in Ireland, but my ggm was born in England so they must have gone to England before coming to US. I haven't had any luck with RI records so would like to try Ships' Immigrtion list for Maine. There are an awful lot of O'Neils, O"Neills, as well as Anthony and Maria. I can only distinguish them from all the other O'Neil families when the whole family is listed together or at least with 6 out of the 8 children.

      Nancy MacKay Hattox
    • Show all 11 messages in this topic