      From: mbriggs3 <mbriggs3@...>
      To: RI_Ancestors <RI_Ancestors@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Tue, Mar 25, 2014 6:30 pm
      Subject: Re: [RI_Ancestors] Maine port

      On Tuesday, March 25, 2014 2:44 PM, "nmhattox@..." <nmhattox@...> wrote:

      Does anyone know what city in Maine was an immigration port? I know my great great grandparents lived in Lewiston, Maine before moving to Pawtucket/ Lincoln area of RI. I also know they (GGgrandparents) were born in Ireland, but my ggm was born in England so they must have gone to England before coming to US. I haven't had any luck with RI records so would like to try Ships' Immigrtion list for Maine. There are an awful lot of O'Neils, O"Neills, as well as Anthony and Maria. I can only distinguish them from all the other O'Neil families when the whole family is listed together or at least with 6 out of the 8 children.

      Nancy MacKay Hattox

      Passenger Lists for Maine
      • United States. Immigration and Naturalization Service. Passenger Lists of Vessels Arriving at Portland, Maine, 1893-1943; Index, 1893-1954. Washington, D.C.: National Archives and Record Service, 1944, 1986. FHL film 1412619; passenger lists FHL films 1449398-430
      • United States. Immigration and Naturalization Service. Book Indexes, Portland, Maine Passenger Lists 1907- 1930. Washington, D.C.: National Archives and Record Service, 1944. FHL films 1375989-6000 These are by arrival of ship 1907-1926, 1930.
      • United States. Bureau of Customs. Copies of Lists of Passengers Arriving at Miscellaneous Ports on the Atlantic and Gulf Coasts and at Ports of the Great Lakes, 1820-1873. National Archives Microfilm Publication. Washington, D.C.: National Archives, 1964. FHL films 830231-44 Includes incomplete 19th century passenger lists for Portland-Falmouth, 1820 to March 1868, and Passamaquoddy, 1820 to 1859

    • Show all 11 messages in this topic