7661Re: [RI_Ancestors] Maine port

  • Sue Mullane
    Mar 25, 2014
      Portland is a fairly big town on the seacoast of Maine.  It might be worth a shot to look there.  Sue

      On Tuesday, March 25, 2014 2:44 PM, "nmhattox@..." <nmhattox@...> wrote:

      Does anyone know what city in Maine was an immigration port? I know my great great grandparents lived in Lewiston, Maine before moving to Pawtucket/ Lincoln area of RI. I also know they (GGgrandparents) were born in Ireland, but my ggm was born in England so they must have gone to England before coming to US. I haven't had any luck with RI records so would like to try Ships' Immigrtion list for Maine. There are an awful lot of O'Neils, O"Neills, as well as Anthony and Maria. I can only distinguish them from all the other O'Neil families when the whole family is listed together or at least with 6 out of the 8 children.

      Nancy MacKay Hattox

    • Show all 11 messages in this topic