Bones Fest info published!!!

  • Jonathan Danforth
    Message 1 of 1 , May 30, 2003
      Folks, the info on Bones Fest 7 is now available-- I just got my Rhythm
      Bones Player newsletter today, and the following is copied from that. I
      figured I'd post it to this list since I know there are some subscribers who
      don't get the newsletter, or who may not have received it yet. This info is
      also available on the Bones Central website-- go to
      http://www.rhythmbones.com/bonefest7.html

      Bones Fest 7 will be held from July 25 to 27 in Louisville, KY and at Gil
      Hibben's place nearby.

      Program Highlights
      The program follows the general plan of previous Bones Fest with each
      attendee who wants to playing bones to live or recorded music. Last year it
      was obvious that people wanted more jammin' time (group playing or the pass
      around introduced by Walt Watkins last year) during the day on Saturday.
      This will be achieved by limiting each individual presentation to 5 minutes
      which may be talk or bones playing or both. The printed program will include
      a brief biography of each attendee making it unnecessary to introduce
      oneself before playing. Newcomers will have extra time since we do want to
      get to know them.

      Bones Workshop
      This will be a Tips and Techniques workshop where bones players share their
      favorite licks.

      Schedule of Events
      Friday July 25, 2003
      Board Meeting at the Fest Hotel 4:00-7:00
      Reception at the Kentucky Theatre from 6:00 to 11:00 with heavy munchies,
      wine and beer
      Saturday July 26
      Morning Session 9:30-12:00
      Lunch 12:00-1:00
      Bones Workshop 12:30-1:30
      Afternoon Session 1:30-4:00
      Membership Meeting 4:00-5:00
      Dinner 6:00-7:00
      Evening session 7:30-10:00
      Sunday, July 27
      Brunch at Hibben's 9:00-Noon

      Venue
      The Kentucky Theater is one of only 2 remaining historic theaters in the
      Louisville Metro area. There is a stage and sound system, and the theater
      sits 200 people. The theater is conveniently located in downtown Louisville
      close to many restaurants, shopping, and tourist attractions.

      Accomodations
      The Fest hotel is the Holiday Inn Downtown Louisville, 120 West Broadway,
      Louisville, KY 40202, telephone 502-582-2241. The rate is $72.00 per night
      with up to 4 persons per room. This hotel is within 2 1/2 blocks from the
      Kentucky Theater, the venue for Bones Fest VII. The hotel is conveniently
      located in downtown Louisville close to many restaurants, shopping and
      tourist attractions.

      Transportation
      Most of the major airlines serve the Louisville International Airport.
      Triple Crown Vacations has offered to help with booking flights. They can
      specially negotiated discounted fares through their agency for convention
      functions. For those who may be interested, call, toll-free, at
      1-888-378-5919. Ask for Charlene or Sandy and mention Bones Fest. Be saure
      and leave a message and they will return any calls. There is also a local
      phone number, 502-222-2297. This is the Hibbens' travel agent and they have
      been very happy with their service.
      If you arrive by air, call the Fest Hotel and they will come to the airport
      and pick you up. The Kentucky Theater is 2 1/2 block from the hotel and
      expect most people will walk to the events held there.
      We will arrange transportation for the brunch at the Hibbens' home during
      the Fest on Sunday. As in previous years, we expect there will be enough
      cars to handle everyone.

      Registration Fee
      The registration fee includes the program, t-shirt, the Friday night bash
      (clash), Saturday events including lunch and dinner, and the Sunday brunch
      at the Hibbens'

      Registration Form
      Print the form out, fill it in, and we'll see you there! Send a check
      payable to the Rhythm Bones Society for $55 for each person attending Bones
      Fest VII and with this form to: Rhythm Bones Society, 1060 Lower Brow Road,
      Signal Mtn., TN 37377.

      Number attending ________
      Circle days attending: Friday Saturday Sunday
      Brief Bones Biography __________________________________