sprouting results & recipes

  • Kristin Bowser
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 11, 2009
      Hi everyone, I'm Kris.  I haven't posted before, but I just tried bean sprouting so I thought I would let people know how it went.  Dan made me a bean sprouter using the design he posted about before.  I used 1/2 cup of dried mung beans, and six days later I have six cups of bean sprouts.  I was expecting something to go wrong since I'm terrible with plants, but even after I forgot to water them once it worked out.  Yay!

      On the other hand, what to actually *do* with six cups of bean sprouts?  I figure I'll make some noodles to put them on, and also salads and sandwiches.  Still, six cups is a lot, so I looked up a few recipes.  Haven't tried them yet, but they look tasty.