Living in Maine...

  • redtailrewild
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 13, 2011
      Hey all,

      I'm wondering if anyone here has some advice for me. I live in
      Massachusetts right now, and would like to find a piece of land in Maine
      to live on. I'm thinking off-grid, in a wall tent or similar structure
      to start. Does anyone have experience with this?

      Anyone out there done any good foraging this year? I just dried a bunch
      of wild apples. Tasty!

      Feel free to email me off-list.

      --Josh
    • paleochris
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 20, 2012
        My wife and I bought 5 acres in Carthage Maine. It was rural enough to drive down the cost of living whilst being close to wilderness.

        My suggestion, as far as living structures in this predominately cold climate, would be a pit house. There is some very good step-by-step construction at the following URL: http://paleoplanet69529.yuku.com/topic/38414

        Hope this helps,

        -Chris