December Rewilding! (Western CT, Northern RI, & Central MA events)

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 4, 2010
      Hey everyone!

      Wow!  It's December already!

      It feels like it's been forever since we had a gathering or any events, what with people being busy and dealing with the "holiday".  I know I was busy, what with moving, working, and participating in National Novel Writing Month.

      I've been talking lately with my wonderful friends Greg and Dena of Northwoods Traditional Archery about having a gathering at their residence in CT.  Greg just set up an archery range, and I definitely want to do some sort of tutorial about the instinctive shooting techniques Greg and I were teaching this season at Great Hollow Wilderness School.  Since deer hunting season just began, I'm sure plenty of people would be interested in this (though as I understand it, deer season in CT has been going for a while).

      I'll also be putting together some winter foraging trips in Northern RI and Central MA.  Winter food procurement can be a difficult activity, and something I always feel I need practice in.  The land may seem to be dead/sleeping, but there is still plenty of food to be found.  I'll mostly be doing these in the middle of the week, I think, but if people want to get together for a weekend excursion I'm up for that too.  If anyone is interested, I also want to do a basic tutorial on trapping.

      I also just got my RI deer tags, and hope to get my MA hunting permit soon as well.  If anyone is a hunter in these areas, I know I'd appreciate a hunting partner.

      Finally, I'd be very interested in getting together a potluck sometime around the solstice, perhaps including our bounty from hunting and gathering.