Coming up!

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 7, 2010
      Hey folks!

      I have a lot of great stuff in mind for our gatherings in the near future.  As I said, we'll be continuing as often as possible to have Sunday meetings in the RI area, with the purpose of discussing animism as well as continuing our stated goal of learning the skills, techniques, and social sciences for creating rewilding culture.

      One area that I've discussed quite a bit with people lately is going over a lot of the survival skills that aren't strictly 'primitive', but will nonetheless be important, perhaps vitally so, in our cultural rennaissance.  I'm thinking this will include how to organize and plan a "bug-out bag" (a pack full of gear intended to be ready quickly in a variety of emergency settings), sharpening knives and other blades, setting up a campsite, safe use and proper care of firearms, and basic fire-building (and maybe even some fun primitive methods to start said fires).  I REALLY want to get a workshop going on non-heirarchal communication skills.  If you have any suggestions or an area you feel particularly lacking in, please bring them up.  For example, I need a lot of work on my bowdrill technique (I'm spoiled by my sumpak).  I also feel I should know more about bicycle repair.  And definitely bring up anything your'e particularly good at that I haven't mentioned.

      I think these skills, combined with the primitive skills, foraging, fishing, gardening, etc., will be invaluable to us in the near future.  Between Peak Oil and general economic collapse, it appears that those people who've been making predictions of collapse called it pretty well.