This Sunday!

    Message 1 of 2 , May 28, 2010
      So it definitely looks like Sunday is the best time for a number of us.  Let's get together Sunday morning, maybe around 9 am?  I'm suggesting the location be Douglas State Forest in Douglas, MA.  I'll bring some wild food either already made or ready to grill up, and hopefully we'll be able to find some delicious wild plants to forage.  I'll probably have a venison dish.  Fish may also be on the menu, since my RI fishing permit extends to the lake at that park, which is in both RI and MA.

      As always, feel free to bring any skill demonstrations, stories, music, or games.  Our gatherings are events intended for collaboration and community building, and whether or not we think we have something to contribute, there's always something we know that others don't.

      For the northern New England members or just others who don't feel like driving to my area, I'm always interested in working with you to set up other local gatherings as well.

      Message 2 of 2 , May 29, 2010
        Just a reminder, the gathering tomorrow is scheduled for 9am at Douglas State Forest in Douglas, MA.  It's cool if you come a bit late, I imagine we'll be slow to assemble.  We'll be assembling near the beach area.  Swimming and fishing are allowed there, but I don't think the changing rooms are open yet.  We should be going until around 2:00 or 2:30.

        I hope to be bringing some wild food for lunch, and we can find some more along the way.  In addition to a wild food/medicine walk, I intend to do some tutorials on a few types of primitive skills.