Foraging and Gathering!

    Message 1 of 2 , May 17, 2010
      Hey everyone,

      As some of you know from reading my blog or Facebook updates, I've been eating all wild and gardened foods.  Today is my twelfth day doing so.  Mostly it's to prove that it isn't all that hard to find enough food for hunter-gatherer-gardeners, even someone not raised in an h-g-g culture.  I've been having a great time, but I definitely have been aided by my support networks.

      So naturally I've been foraging a lot, especially now that my schedule has been freed up a lot.  I invite any of you in the area to forage with me, hopefully to accomplish the goal of better foraging for everyone involved.  Plus, I need to find more places to forage.  I'll also be fishing and hunting, so if any of you are into that we should set something up.  My foraging areas have been in Northern RI and Western CT, but I can easily range a bit beyond these areas if you know of a good spot.

      Hopefully we'll be able to get together enough foraged stuff to have a great feast at the next gathering.  I intend to have many dishes of mostly or all wild ingredients.  I've learned a lot about wild food cooking just in the past weeks.

      Also, how do people feel about having this month's gathering on a Sunday?  I was thinking of trying to have it on Sunday the 30th, since several people have expressed interest but can't make it on Saturdays (or can only make the later part).  Let me know if you think Saturday the 29th or Sunday the 30th is the best time for a gathering.

    • curiousalexa
      Message 2 of 2 , May 20, 2010
        I would like to attend - anyone else coming from the northlands that would like to carpool? (I'm in western Maine, about 2 hours out of Portland.) I have no real preference between Sat and Sun.

        -curious