Special Treat!

    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 16, 2010
      Hey everyone!

      I'm planning, as usual, to have another meeting with whoever is available on the last Saturday of the month, which just happens to be next Saturday.  I understand that some of you have been biding your time in coming until spring has thoroughly sprung, so now's the time to get out!  Not only is the weather beautiful, but the plants are practically exploding with edibles!  I also have some great ideas for wilderness demonstrations, and as always attendees are welcome and encouraged to bring their own skills, toys, and performance pieces to show off.

      The special treat I mention in the subject line is that I recently received a copy of part of the upcoming movie END:CIV, featuring Derrick Jensen, Lierre Keith, Ward Churchill, James Howard Kuntsler, and several other great writers and activists.  The segment is around 45 minutes long, so I thought it would be neat if we had a viewing of it together.  We might be able to show "What a Way To Go: Life at the End of Empire", but only if I manage to figure out computer stuff.  If anyone has access to a projector or something that would be great, but otherwise we can just watch it on a TV screen.

      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 17, 2010
        It was suggested to me as a potential activity that we make a bunch of seedling starter planters out of old newspapers.  I'm totally into this, and I need to get my garden started.  If anyone is planning to come, bringing some old non-glossy newspapers would be a good idea.