Re: [rewildnewengland] December!

    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 19, 2009
      Hey Matthew (and everyone else)!

      This sounds like some great stuff.  We should try to get some folks together soon.  I want to add something that I think is important.  When we learn skills, I want us to learn more than 'survival' skills because wild humans do much more than survive: they thrive.  As my friend Jason likes to put it, we should practice thrival rather than just survival.  I think using this as our frame of reference in learning our skills can do a lot to aid us in rewilding.

      If you're going to be in Warwick or Coventry, I might be able to bring you back somewhere, depending on the day and my work schedule.

      Also, I think I'm going to be having another of my Rewilding and Anti-Civ Thought 101 talks (revised version) at a coffee shop again soon, since Kris and I met a few cool people at a party the other night, and a few of them seemed into the rewilding stuff I told them about.  If anyone is interested, it'll likely be at Brewed Awakenings in Johnston again, since I'm now working across the street (ick).  Maybe a week from today?